Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    my mum and dad keep arguing about stupid things and my dad sometimes goes away for work meetings in the evening (but not overnight) my mum doesn't really go out much and she doesn't work but my dad sometimes goes out with his mates as well. My parents are always arguing and they're both moaning to each other anout trivial things. I'm not sure if it's because they're unhappy with each other or if my dad is stressed at work (he is high up so he has loads of **** to deal with)
    My dad isn't an alcoholic but he drinks like 2/3 beers a night and my mum smokes but we don't have any financial issues.
    Do you think they're going to get a divorce? Xx

Sometimes my mum is really happy and basically says my dad is her Prince Charming (but not in those words) I asked my dad how he deals with the moaning and he said that she was worse before and she's calmed down but I'm kinda worried. Could it just be menopause? Xx
    it just sounds like they are going through a difficult time, every marriage /relationship does. It could go either way tbh, usually couples just sort it out. At the end of the day a little arguing is healthy for a relationship. No relationship is perfect. I wouldn't worry too much unless it gets any more serious. It doesn't sound too bad it could be worse. hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    my mum and dad keep arguing about stupid things and my dad sometimes goes away for work meetings in the evening (but not overnight) my mum doesn't really go out much and she doesn't work but my dad sometimes goes out with his mates as well. My parents are always arguing and they're both moaning to each other anout trivial things. I'm not sure if it's because they're unhappy with each other or if my dad is stressed at work (he is high up so he has loads of **** to deal with)
    My dad isn't an alcoholic but he drinks like 2/3 beers a night and my mum smokes but we don't have any financial issues.
    Do you think they're going to get a divorce? Xx

Sometimes my mum is really happy and basically says my dad is her Prince Charming (but not in those words) I asked my dad how he deals with the moaning and he said that she was worse before and she's calmed down but I'm kinda worried. Could it just be menopause? Xx
    Yeah all relationships have this. Anyone who tells you people can be perfect together and never fall out with each other is a criminal liar.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks xx that made me feel a lot better xx
    no problem anytime xx

A marriage is maintained by happiness between the couple. If there is no love in the marriage, then I think a divorce is not a bad thing. I used to think of divorce negatively too but as time passes I realise that there is no use binding two unhappy people together when they are clearly discontent with each other. I am by no means saying that it is wonderful if your parents do get a divorce. It is great that they are still together. Personally, I believe you shouldn't be sad even if they are getting a divorce because I think that's just selfish. The marriage is pointless if the couple no longer enjoys each other's company in my opinion. However I hope everything works out for your family though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.