Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Say if I can ONLY chose these a levels: Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Could I somehow self study AS Physics and Further Maths at home? Also, if you will self-study these at home do you have to meet the standard entry requirements for these a levels?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    Say if I can ONLY chose these a levels: Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Could I somehow self study AS Physics and Further Maths at home? Also, if you will self-study these at home do you have to meet the standard entry requirements for these a levels?
    If you could find an exam centre that would let you sit the exams with them privately then yes you could and no you shouldn't do as its your choice to sit them privately.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If you could find an exam centre that would let you sit the exams with them privately then yes you could and no you shouldn't do as its your choice to sit them privately.
    Thanks so if like I take 3A-Levels at school and take one private is that possible?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Thanks so if like I take 3A-Levels at school and take one private is that possible?
    Yes it is
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Yes it is
    Thanks! Because hopefully I'll take Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths this Sep and I also want to take FM privately

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Because hopefully I'll take Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths this Sep and I also want to take FM privately
    It's up to you if you think you have the ability to manage the workload and have the aptitude for self study. A few practical considerations:
    exam centre- will your school college accept you as a candidate for the exams? Many would be reluctant to do it or even openly hostile to candidates taking on what they consider is too much.
    physics practicals - the cost could be high and availability limited, they will also mean taking time out of school/college to take them
    exam clashes - there are almost always multiple exams scheduled in the same time slot, especially maths exams, you cannot physically be in two places at once to manage the situation if your school/college won't take you for the private exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    It's up to you if you think you have the ability to manage the workload and have the aptitude for self study. A few practical considerations:
    exam centre- will your school college accept you as a candidate for the exams? Many would be reluctant to do it or even openly hostile to candidates taking on what they consider is too much.
    physics practicals - the cost could be high and availability limited, they will also mean taking time out of school/college to take them
    exam clashes - there are almost always multiple exams scheduled in the same time slot, especially maths exams, you cannot physically be in two places at once to manage the situation if your school/college won't take you for the private exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.