Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am having difficulties expressing thoughts to people because most of the time I have enormouss displeasure in anything and the inability to make swift decisions or think straight, which is destroying my soul in the way that my thought process cannot function properly.

There is a dinctict lack of emotions expressed to humans like myself, I put kisses at the end of text messages that I love my parents, but I do not know what the feeling is like and therefore feel pushed to do it. I 23 and have realised I didn't ever have any emotions since entering adulthood.

I never feel happy enough to put a smile on my face, but feel forced to just to make others feel the same. I do this because I am empty in the inside, locked in my dark room feeling isolated from the world beneath me, but this could be partly down to my autism, I do not know.

I have all these people around me; my friends, family but too afraid to speak to them because I can't put my emotions into words. I don't know who I am anymore.

Rewind back to when I was just 14-15 I used to come home feeling very happy, but don't anymore. I shouldn't say it, but the only escape route would be think about taking my own life, but even then I probably wouldn't dream about it.

I have had Cognitive Behavioural Therapy twice, helped me slightly but never offered me a permenant solution. The first phase was about me feeling anxious in public places and dealing with the symptoms. The second was when I self-harmed.

I am doing terribly with my qualifications at college, because I cannot manage to pass my Maths due to the questions are worded differently for me to understand easily and it makes me sad that this would be my last chance to pass, which was strongly worded in the letter by college.

I just don't feel... pleasure. Please help.

ReputationRep:
    From your description I'd say yes. Try to book an appointment with your doctor and tell him everything that you've expressed here. Please don't think this will be your life forever,however much it may seem like it is. CBT may not have worked for you, but there are other treatments out there.
    Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss things further

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    From your description I'd say yes. Try to book an appointment with your doctor and tell him everything that you've expressed here. Please don't think this will be your life forever,however much it may seem like it is. CBT may not have worked for you, but there are other treatments out there.
    Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss things further
    Hi childofthesun,

I have had antidepressants in the past, but voluntarily came off them which I should not have done in the first place. I am going to make an appointment with the doctor as soon as.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear you're feeling like this!
    tbh i have been feeling the exact same way for a few months now..
    i've always found it difficult to open up to people and tell them how i feel.

what was CBT like? maybe you should go again?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boredasf)
    I'm sorry to hear you're feeling like this!
    tbh i have been feeling the exact same way for a few months now..
    i've always found it difficult to open up to people and tell them how i feel.

what was CBT like? maybe you should go again?

x
    I had apointments with the physiologist who filled in a broadsheet there she asked me questions such as; feeling hopeless, letting your family down, contemplating on taking your own life, which they would have to immediately get in touch with the counsellor to arrange 'one-on-one' support.

I didn't find it useful and would have liked something more intensive with regards to helping battling my problems, with a bit of self-help I have tried excercising and then this has made me feel exhausted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by himynameisaaron)
    I had apointments with the physiologist who filled in a broadsheet there she asked me questions such as; feeling hopeless, letting your family down, contemplating on taking your own life, which they would have to immediately get in touch with the counsellor to arrange 'one-on-one' support.

I didn't find it useful and would have liked something more intensive with regards to helping battling my problems, with a bit of self-help I have tried excercising and then this has made me feel exhausted.
    oh i see, i'm sorry about that. wish i could give you some useful advice!
    maybe you should try and speak to your family or friends about it?? x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.