7.14%
    I am female, supporting Remain, aged 18+
    7.14%

ReputationRep:
    Might be interesting to learn more about who is on either side

ReputationRep:
    Poll added

ReputationRep:
    With my sample size of 4 I can confirm that 100% of TSR users want to leave the EU

ReputationRep:
    I am male, 19, and want OUT!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It honestly puzzles me as to why so many people on TSR want to Leave. Statistically, younger people and more educated people are more likely to vote Remain (not making a jab at anyone, just saying), and that seems to be TSR's demographic, so I wonder why this is the exception?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    It honestly puzzles me as to why so many people on TSR want to Leave. Statistically, younger people and more educated people are more likely to vote Remain (not making a jab at anyone, just saying), and that seems to be TSR's demographic, so I wonder why this is the exception?
    The internet favours people voting Our for a reason.

In my own experience I can say that there does seem to be a gender divide on the issue. Women under their forties backing brexit seems to be a rarity.

In any case I'm a 24 year old 'mature' student avidly for remaining.

In my experience brexiters tend to be young men, older men (the real old working class) and OAPs

Remainders tend to be students, women and the middle class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    The internet favours people voting Out for a reason.
    Which is?

ReputationRep:
    Vote to Remain. Leaving would make Johnson, Gove and IDS in charge of our country. That would be bad, very bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fenice)
    Which is?
    If you read the comments section on places like YouTube, news outlets or sites like 4chan, you get a very highly skewed indication of what most of the population are like, with a seemingly large percentage of people with fringe political views who in RL represent a minority.

ReputationRep:
    If you read the comments section on places like YouTube, news outlets or sites like 4chan, you get a very highly skewed indication of what most of the population are like, with a seemingly large percentage of people with fringe political views who in RL represent a minority.
    The ones who spend their time online immersing themselves in politics and current affairs tend to have a different view to the people who are more interested in drinking down the pub and organising their next night out whilst getting their political views from the media.

Not surprised

ReputationRep:
    I think you are confusing using the internet with commenting especially prodogiously on YouTube politics videos. I don't even know anyone who used 4chan.

The internet is quite a big thing and if anything tends to be more used by the educated middle classes.

ReputationRep:
    Fenice betelgeuse

Whilst the I ternet can help, I don't think the Internet alone is enough to warrant an understanding of politics. Real life experience ce, which alas the internet shelters a large degree of people from can help to shape an unhealthy world view- particularly in politics. Regular internet users are more likley to suffer from depression and can. E the coloured by those who wish to delegitimise politics- ie conspiracy sites etc. . I agree generally with the Middle class thing.

ReputationRep:
    Fenice betelgeuse

Whilst the I ternet can help, I don't think the Internet alone is enough to warrant an understanding of politics. Real life experience ce, which alas the internet shelters a large degree of people from can help to shape an unhealthy world view- particularly in politics. Regular internet users are more likley to suffer from depression and can. E the coloured by those who wish to delegitimise politics- ie conspiracy sites etc. . I agree generally with the Middle class thing.
    You seem to he suggesting that Leave wins in internet polls because there are a higher proportion of stupid and mentally ill people using the internet than is true for the popuation. I see no evidence for this and think it's a bit of a cheap shot

ReputationRep:
    I think that is untrue actually. The older generation is apparently more weighted in favour of remain than us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurne)
    Vote to Remain. Leaving would make Johnson, Gove and IDS in charge of our country. That would be bad, very bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Vote to Leave.Remaining would make nameless, faceless, unelected, corrupt elites more in charge of our country.That would be very, very bad.

Touche

ReputationRep:
    Jordan mate, when you become an adult and learn not to stereotype people, you'll understand the world a bit better. In your world view, if you're not young (what is young BTW) or 'more educated' do your opinions not matter?

I'm delighted that you're passionate about this particular debate. Are you also passionate about national and local politics? Did you vote in the PCC elections?

Regardless of the outcome of this referendum, I think what is interesting is the way that both mainstream parties are tearing themselves apart and not understanding popular opinion. Exactly the same is happening in the US and A.

These are interesting, unstable and dangerous times we're living in.

Anyway mate, keep up the enthusiasm. One day there may be a Damascene conversion.

ReputationRep:
    Bumparoo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.