Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi i am doing the new 9-1 to course and my mocks are coming up in about two weeks. my school are going to be most likely using the papers provided by AQA however access to these is only available via e-AQA and so i was wondering if anyone had access to this. and could provide me with the papers

ReputationRep:
    They're available on the main aqa website, as is the specification. I wouldn't suggest you look at the papers themselves as your school is likely to use the specimens for your exam. This would possibly make your mark better, but wouldn't be doing you any favours in the long run as your grade would be inaccurate and not at all reflective of your actual ability...

As a teacher I can say this is damaging - your teacher needs accurate results to help you with problem areas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maheepsingh)
    hi i am doing the new 9-1 to course and my mocks are coming up in about two weeks. my school are going to be most likely using the papers provided by AQA however access to these is only available via e-AQA and so i was wondering if anyone had access to this. and could provide me with the papers
    Is the new 9-1 course hard? I am doing my gcse's now and I have heard it will be much harder next year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustJen)
    They're available on the main aqa website, as is the specification. I wouldn't suggest you look at the papers themselves as your school is likely to use the specimens for your exam. This would possibly make your mark better, but wouldn't be doing you any favours in the long run as your grade would be inaccurate and not at all reflective of your actual ability...

As a teacher I can say this is damaging - your teacher needs accurate results to help you with problem areas

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have done the one specimen pubically available and I achieved 69/80 without the help of the paper online. I am pretty happy with my self also being in set 1 and there will be intervention for everyone in my school with a grade 8 target or above I just want this exam to go well as the results will be used for college applications. I was reading on the website and thag there are 2 other exams however only availble to teacher who have access to 'e-AQA'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Is the new 9-1 course hard? I am doing my gcse's now and I have heard it will be much harder next year...
    From what i have done in class so far yes it will be. Concering language there will be no course work also in paper 2 there will be 1ith century non fiction. And regarding literature you are not allowed the poetry anthology with you in the exam have to memorise notes and poems and neither are you allowed macbeth christmas carol or inspector calls

ReputationRep:
    The e-aqa papers are only available to teachers as they are what will be used for mocks. Hence suggesting you don't see them - to see the exam before you sit it in your mock means your mock is redundant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustJen)
    The e-aqa papers are only available to teachers as they are what will be used for mocks. Hence suggesting you don't see them - to see the exam before you sit it in your mock means your mock is redundant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think i get that. Im just asking if anyone could lend me a hand and help me get a higher grsde. I am capable but just want some extra assurance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.