Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently in my first year of study at uni. Wanted to leave this uni because I really don't enjoy it. The only uni I have properly considered is a non russell group one which will let me transfer directly to the second year of study doing the same course.

I want to get into teaching... Am i making a bad choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's bad about Warwick if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I cant really speak for the uni as a whole, but the course im doing... Film and Lit is quite pretentious. Like mind you I knew the course to be one you have to ******** your way through as with my experience in gcse and a-level... But this environment is just too superficial for me. The people seem pretentious both in a social sense and how they interact intellectually, and even though the lecturers are experts in their fields I feel like they expect us to be in this bubble... Maybe its just a personal thing but I don't feel the environment is right for me.

I didn't know what to expect when I first applied but this year has been a wakeup call for me and I don't see myself here... Do you plan on studying here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaf6565)
    Currently in my first year of study at uni. Wanted to leave this uni because I really don't enjoy it. The only uni I have properly considered is a non russell group one which will let me transfer directly to the second year of study doing the same course.

I want to get into teaching... Am i making a bad choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are the unis? There's a fairly big difference between going from Oxford to London Met (which would probably reduce your expected starting salary by £20k or so), vs Liverpool to Bath (which might be an improvement for some courses).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    What are the unis? There's a fairly big difference between going from Oxford to London Met (which would probably reduce your expected starting salary by £20k or so), vs Liverpool to Bath (which might be an improvement for some courses).
    I am currently at University of Warwick but thinking of moving to Birmingham City. I am loosely aware of the wage gap, but thought because it was my intention to be a teacher at inner city schools, this wouldn't impede too much in terms of pay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaf6565)
    I am currently at University of Warwick but thinking of moving to Birmingham City. I am loosely aware of the wage gap, but thought because it was my intention to be a teacher at inner city schools, this wouldn't impede too much in terms of pay?
    Why do you think you'd enjoy City more than Warwick?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.