The Student Room Group

Biomedical science summerwork experience

Hi,
I'm (hopefully) planning to study biomedical Science or any biological science for entry in 2018, after my gap year.
I am currently in my first year of A-levels and have taken 6/9 exams.
I haven't been very active in terms of work experience or extra curricular activities this previous year, as I was confused about what exactly I wanted to study. The 1 or 2 courses I did attend was only to help myself come to a sound decision.
Now that I have, is it too late to plan for this summer? I hope to partake in any activity that would strengthen my application, whether it be science related or not. I feel like I've left it too late.
If it isn't too late, what kind of work experience/activity would benefit someone in my position?
Thank you
You don't really need work experience or extra curriculars to apply for biomed because it is an academic degree. It won't hurt though. Just make sure that it's relevant. If you're applying for non-accredited degrees try and get some lab experience or shadowing. If you're applying for accredited degrees maybe shadowing in an NHS lab but don't worry too much about it. Concentrate more on reading around the subject and finding out what's hot in the field. Summer schools, online lectures, youtube, new scientist are good places to look.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending