Dhruv_T
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys, I have an offer from SOAS and I am contemplating if I should apply to Paul Robeson House. I have heard some really bad reviews including the strike last year. Has the situation changed? Is it so bad that you can't live? Please give me a realistic view. I am not particularly very fussy as long as basic amenities like water, heater, power and wi-fi work well along with good standards of hygiene (no cockroach or rat infested please! ). Please do give me a realistic picture.
hdlaur
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey Dhruv, I lived in Paul Robeson House in 2013/14 and can recommend it. Like you, I was never fussy, but it was also comparatively clean in comparison to other London halls I had experienced. The amenities you mentioned - water, heat, power, wifi - have worked without fail and I have not seen a single cockroach. Some people love a good protest, but really - unless the quality of the rooms varies significantly, which I cannot affirm from my block - its a quiet, reasonably social base to keep your mind on your studies and your friends.
Dhruv_T
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for this information. I anyway applied to Paul Robeson House and I am yet to hear from them. If I manage to get a place, i would just take it up. Thanks again.
SOASllbsurvivor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The beds in PRH are a bit small. Not exactly ideal for shagging if I may say so.
Dhruv_T
Rep:
?
(Original post by SOASllbsurvivor)
The beds in PRH are a bit small. Not exactly ideal for shagging if I may say so.
LOL! That's Ok.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (21)
6.05%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (203)
58.5%
No (123)
35.45%

Watched Threads