The Student Room Group

Feelings while in a relationship

I've been with my boyfriend for just over a year now, and it's been completely long distance. He is a sweet wonderful guy, who just wants the best for everybody and is always so lovely. He is my best friend. But I have this other friend. He had a crush on me earlier in the year. He didn't tell me about it, he told some other people in our friend group and they told me. The thing is I used to have a crush on him. And for the last few weeks those feelings have been creeping up on me again, and a few days ago I got really drunk for the first time, and he stayed with me while all my other friends left, took care of me, and pretty much just held me the entire night until my parents came to pick me up. Since then I've realised my feelings for him are much stronger than I thought, and I want to be with him.

But I've been with my boyfriend for so long, and I love him, but we barely speak at the moment because of exams, and because it's long distance we rarely see each other and I'm losing feelings for him, but they always come rushing back whenever we visit each other, and I realise how much I love him. But we have so little in common, unlike my friend and I. I don't want to break up with him because I don't want to lose my best friend and what we have, but it doesn't feel fair on him that I have feelings for someone else, whether or not those feelings are reciprocated.

I don't know what to do about the entire situation, does anyone have any advice? Sorry if this post is badly written and isn't clear
i'd see if the current feelings persist until after exams when you can see your bf.

you dont wanna dump him during exams anyway
Reply 2
Original post by banterboy
i'd see if the current feelings persist until after exams when you can see your bf.

you dont wanna dump him during exams anyway

I guess, I've had them for a while already though... No, we're already far too stressed as it is
Women.
Reply 4
Wait until after exams, and see how you feel after meeting up with your bf. You sound quite young though so it's not the end of the world if you break up after exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending