The Student Room Group

Is a pedophile who doesn't act on their urges evil in your opinion.

There will be a lot people who are sexually attracted to children but they will never act on it and harm a child. If you knew someone thought this way would you see them as a monster?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How do you know all this?
Pedophiles may not necessary chose to be attracted to children but they all should still be put down.
If they didn't actually abuse any children? Then no.
Original post by M14B

common sense.

Do you seriously believe that every pedophile is a molester?
Original post by Hydeman
If they didn't actually abuse any children? Then no.

But the still sexually attracted to them.
Reply 6
Original post by Screwsocietyy
There will be a lot people who are sexually attracted to children but they will never act on it and harm a child. If you knew someone thought this way would you see them as a monster?

jailbait
of course not, if anything they're better than people without those urges. They deny an intrinsic part of who they are (their sexuality) for their whole lives for the sake of not harming another person. I find that admirable.
No, I consider them noble. They can't help their desires, but at least they are trying to do the right thing.

Original post by M14B

Loooooools
Original post by john2054
jailbait

What?
But the still sexually attracted to them.

While I would find that weird, I don't see why it would make them 'evil.'
Original post by picklescamp
of course not, if anything they're better than people without those urges. They deny an intrinsic part of who they are (their sexuality) for their whole lives for the sake of not harming another person. I find that admirable.

You admire pedophiles?

Thats sick.
No. It's a psychiatric disorder, out of the person's control. They are most certainly not evil if they don't act on their attractions.

Just like not every psychopath is a serial killer, not every person with a paedophilic disorder is a molester.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
While I would find that weird, I don't see why it would make them 'evil.'

It would make them evil because they are sexually attracted to children.
You admire pedophiles?

Thats sick.

lol grow up, I admire people who deny their natural impulses for the sake of other people's wellbeing.
Imagine if you found out a friend was a paedophile but they didn't do anything about it at all then you'd still see them differently, but no it doesn't make them evil.

I'm no psychiatrist, but paedophilia has got to fall under the umbrella of either mental health disorder, unfortunate fetish, or sexual orientation, none of which are a choice. Evil is defined by the choices we make, so somebody has the urge to do an "evil" thing but doesn't act on it then they're not evil. It's kind of like every person alive has imagined killing another, yet the vast majority of us don't do it.

But no, I wouldn't see them as a monster. I would feel very sorry for them, though.
It would make them evil because they are sexually attracted to children.

Perhaps we're going by different definitions, but 'evil' to me implies causing harm by choice when in a sane state of mind. Somebody who is merely attracted to children but does not act on these attractions is not causing harm, and is therefore not evil, by my definition.
Original post by picklescamp
lol grow up, I admire people who deny their natural impulses for the sake of other people's wellbeing.

So you do admire pedophile?

Disgusting.
Original post by Hydeman
Perhaps we're going by different definitions, but 'evil' to me implies causing harm when in a sane state of mind. Somebody who is merely attracted to children but does not act on these attractions is not causing harm, and is therefore not evil, by my definition.

They still think about it though.
what is it with all these thread topics lately

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending