Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm only studying 2 A2s

By grades are consistent and I'm happy with them

How many hours of revision should I do per subject, per day?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanE1998)
    I'm only studying 2 A2s

By grades are consistent and I'm happy with them

How many hours of revision should I do per subject, per day?

Cheers
    Hello!

Instead of trying to work to a 'revision quota' if you like, I would suggest instead picking a couple of topics from each subject and just revising them. The reason I say this is because I feel that having the mindset of 'I have to do x hours of revision every day!' is probably more stressful than just picking a few topics and spending however much time is necessary revising them. Obviously on some days you might feel tired or sick, have other commitments etc, and I just think revising by topic instead of trying to stick to a certain number of hours is a better way of doing things. Plus, different people have different lengths of time they can concentrate for, so what might work for one person may not work for you!

I apologise if this wasn't the kind of answer you were looking for! I figured I'd give my thoughts on it anyway though

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the answer above. Also, go through the syllabus or the textbook or whatever and make sure you know what all the topics are. See which ones you're strong on, which ones you're not so good at. Prioritise the ones you're not that good on.

If you like to revise by doing past papers/past questions/predicted questions, then give yourself a goal of doing, let's say, two per day. I believe that's probably the best way of doing things, but you may not agree. With certain subjects (or modules in uni), I can't stand the idea of doing a single past question, and simply go through the notes, or make new ones even for topics I think I know well. You know what works for you, so make sure you do that. If you don't quite know what works for you yet, try different methods and find out.

If I were you I wouldn't concentrate on time, but rather on what you accomplish that day don't forget to take breaks every 45 or so minutes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.