Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

New EU "Hate Speech Laws" watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just take a few minutes to read about the new hate speech laws online before you post please.

Do these new laws blur the line from stopping actual terrorists or people meaning to do harm and people who have opinions that people like Merkel disagree with, what is counted as "Hate speech" Saying "We need to kill all X's" That is hate speech right, but Is criticizing the amount of migrants coming in the EU and saying many need to be turned back is that hate speech?
    Is "Hate Speech" saying that I think Merkel is a dangerous person and should not have any power as she is clearly delusional?
    Is "hate speech" calling David Cameron a ****** as you dislike him?

They talk about it being used to tackle issues such as racism, homophobia, would me saying that I think Islam is a oppressive ideology that does not belong in a modern society is that hate. As now attacking someone or a idea that is based, on colour, religion, ethnicity, gender, Origin is seen as hate. What will this mean for us?
    Will someone saying that there are only two genders and all others are made up be inciting hate speech?

This clearly will not be used to help society but to harm free speech, Much like when in Germany many women were raped by migrants yet the police reports were censored so It was just women getting raped even though many people and police saw that it was clearly migrants but this was censored.

Where do you stand on this?
    Do you think this will be used to violate free speech even further?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Just take a few minutes to read about the new hate speech laws online before you post please.

Do these new laws blur the line from stopping actual terrorists or people meaning to do harm and people who have opinions that people like Merkel disagree with, what is counted as "Hate speech" Saying "We need to kill all X's" That is hate speech right, but Is criticizing the amount of migrants coming in the EU and saying many need to be turned back is that hate speech?
    Is "Hate Speech" saying that I think Merkel is a dangerous person and should not have any power as she is clearly delusional?

They talk about it being used to tackle issues such as racism, homophobia, would me saying that I think Islam is a oppressive ideology that does not belong in a modern society is that hate. As now attacking someone or a idea that is based, on colour, religion, ethnicity, gender, Origin is seen as hate. What will this mean for us?
    Will someone saying that there are only two genders and all others are made up be inciting hate speech?

This clearly will not be used to help society but to harm free speech, Much like when in Germany many women were raped by migrants yet the police reports were censored so It was just women getting raped even though many people and police saw that it was clearly migrants but this was censored.

Yes all this new politicised policing is like something out of Orwell's 1984. We are governed by consent, and I never consented to being politically policed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)

This is just a extension of the political correct brigade to subject the inhabitants of the land to their cultural marxist code. In the early days of facebook you had groups reporting anyone for being slightly racist and getting them in big trouble with the police.

Here is one of those groups.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/205001672936894/

The social justice warriors and PC brigade end goal is to have no communication between those who do not want to precipitate in their marxist culture. This is what its all about.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.