Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just got a placement at an immigration law firm in London and it's my first time working at such a place so if anyone has worked at a law firm in the past or has any advice please feel free to leave me some as it will be much appreciated!
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You dont say at what stage you are in your education.

Off the top of my head I would say.

1. Turn up on time, be punctual, polite and presentable- smart , conservative. If you are male, then shirt and tie.
    2. Be reasonably enthusiastic.
    3. Research what the firm does by looking at its website and a bit of wider reading. Showing an interest in what they do will impress them and make it more interesting for you.
    4. Remember you are in a working environment, so people are busy and at times this may requie you to read a file or do some filing.
    5. Ask questions, but not when people are busy and not for the sake of it.
    6.Take a notebook and pen or get one so if they ask you to do something you can write the instructions down. Repeat it back to them what they asked you to do a and say if you are unsure..
    7. Make drinks or offer.
    8. Say thank you and dont forget to be polite to everyone including secretaries and office staff.
    9. Dont be a jerk or immature.
    10. Even if it doesnt turn out to be like you expected, smile and be enthusiastic through it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentjjs)
    Hey, I just got a placement at an immigration law firm in London and it's my first time working at such a place so if anyone has worked at a law firm in the past or has any advice please feel free to leave me some as it will be much appreciated!
    Thanks
    where is your placement at? i've been looking for some work experience but can't find any >.<

ReputationRep:
    Hi Yesmin .. I please call us work placement @ 07766229409 Rivinton Solicitors , London SE16 4DG

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.