Turn on thread page Beta

paedophilia watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    and other rapists don't humilate and scar their victims for life then. I think we are making children, more specifically older children (of secondary age) out to be far too innocent, some may be, but others have found out through whatever means, the various facts of life.
    I wasnt comparing Paedophilia with other sex crimes since that is not what the topic is about. According to the law Paedophilia is the primary sexual attraction toward prepubescent children. Now secondary teenagers who are older will be over the pre pubescents age. Sex crimes against these individuals is called statuatory rape or rape in itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I wasnt comparing Paedophilia with other sex crimes since that is not what the topic is about. According to the law Paedophilia is the primary sexual attraction toward prepubescent children. Now secondary teenagers who are older will be over the pre pubescents age. Sex crimes against these individuals is called statuatory rape or rape in itself.
    I agree that what they do is sick and disgusting, but the answer is not to have them killed, for one thing, that can be seen as an easy way out, rather than letting them remain in prison indefinitely, having to confront the consequences of what they have done.

ReputationRep:
    I think prison would be pretty confrontational. I know this guy who is a prison Warden, and when a Paedophile was convicted and sent to jail. When the other inmates learned of what he was in for, They put him in a garbage bin full of water and sat on the lid until the wardens thought something was going on and saved him at the last minute. That would make the offender think about what they have done and learn from it. Becuase if they dont and go back to prison they will end up with the same harsh treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Since it may be said that paedophilia is caused by some kind of mental illness, should we be treating them as harshly as we are?
    They destroy children's live.

Rehabilitation will never work with these types of criminals.

Children need to be protected so Castration of pedophiles the is the only method that would work in reality. If you put them in prison they have time to work out how they are going to groom their next victim and when they released they will carry on their abuse of innocent children.

I am sure many people on this forum will consider this approach too harsh but I do know a prison warden and he agrees, unlike all of us on here, they actually have to deal with sort of evil scum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supreme)

Rehabilitation will never work with these types of criminals.
    How do you know?
    Children need to be protected so Castration of pedophiles the is the only method that would work in reality.
    Presuming that paedophilia is a purely sexual urge rather than having anything to do with criminality and mental inbalance
    If you put them in prison they have time to work out how they are going to groom their next victim and when they released they will carry on their abuse of innocent children.
    So instead of taking these crminals away from children, you propose a unknown scientific procedure and then just letting them roam free???
    I do know a prison warden .
    I know an orthodontist doesnt mean i know **** about teeth tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    How do you know?
    Criminals remain criminals. In an ideal world they would reform but they don't. I saw a programme about sexual offenders and when they are released, they're stricitly monitored because the majority reoffend. Criminals realise that the criminal justice system can't punish because of government politics, sexual offenders often play the game with the authorites that they reform but in fact don't

Presuming that paedophilia is a purely sexual urge rather than having anything to do with criminality and mental inbalance
    I have not made such a presumption, where have I? It is to do with criminality and mental inbalance.

So instead of taking these crminals away from children, you propose a unknown scientific procedure and then just letting them roam free???
    I never said that, I think that judges should be able to give the death penality to sexual offenders.

I know an orthodontist doesnt mean i know **** about teeth tho
    That is nice for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    most people who commit hardcore crimes (mass murderers/rapists/paedophiles...) have mental illnesses. No "normal" person would do such things.
    How do you define "normal" and "abnormal" behaviour..could someone define to me?? Murderers, rapist, they are commiting the crime, right? It's not the reason behind it that counts, it's the fact that they're commiting the action and ruining the life of the person who they killed or whatever...and the people who's lives surround that person..which counts. And heartless I may seem, I think they deserve being treated harshly for such crimes.

Criminals remain criminals.
    I second that.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2004
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.