Psychology PY4 WJEC Watch

Tsrsarahhhh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I started revision ages ago for this subject and I seem yo remember what most of the researchers did but I cannot remember their names for the life of me. Is it actually necessary to know the names and will I loose marks if I say 'studies have found...'.?
im.a.witch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
I started revision ages ago for this subject and I seem yo remember what most of the researchers did but I cannot remember their names for the life of me. Is it actually necessary to know the names and will I loose marks if I say 'studies have found...'.?
It shows good knowledge i would advise you to learn the names just the dates arent that important unless you are trying to make a historic point.
User2334541
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For this exam specifically, I have made simple 1 sided summary sheets about A5 sized and quite surprisingly, they are very easy to learn.

I hope this exam isn't quite a torrid one, I hope we all get a good grade in it..

Here is a tip from me: Instead of learning everything in one go, make it quite systematic, note some of the researchers into one sheet and try and re-collect your memory, assuming it is quite strong, of what each researcher did. Then, make a overall essay bullet point list of what you would say in the exam (like I did with my A5 summary sheets compressing each paragraph into a few sentences) and learn it in the shorter form.

Hope this helps you
jellygeorgia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
anyone got any predictions
emilymjig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jellygeorgia)
anyone got any predictions
What topics are you doing?
lxbricxnt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
my teachers said its good to know the basics like bandura, atkinson and shiffrin, freud (obvs) and seligman but you don't really need to know them if they're for ao2 points.

and I'm doing forensics, abnormalities and memory along with controversies

good luck guys
im.a.witch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys my teacher said he predicts theories of sleep coming up and on PY3 advantages of Scientific method.
JUST A PREDICTION DO NOT GO OFF THIS AS YOUR ONLY REVISION
emilymjig
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hope animal ethics comes up! For PY4 my teacher thinks bias in diagnosis and eyewitness testimony will be on.
GiGiElle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey,

I'm doing the controversies(obv), memory, relationship and education.

Does anyone have any tips or predictions for these?
Sexybadman
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think decision making of Jurys will come up its never been asked

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1344647
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm doing relationships, forensics, abnormality, and controversies. Really struggling with learning the names.
alexGedgar1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm doing Memory, Abnormal, Forensics and Controversies.

Predictions... (In order of likelihood)
Memory:
1) Forgetting 2) Role of Emotion 3) MSM

Abnormal:
1) Bias in Diagnosis 2) Aetiologies of Depression 3) Treatments of Schizophrenia.

Forensic:
1) Factors Affecting EWT 2) Theories of Crime 3) Jury Decision Making

Controversies:
1) Scientific Benefits v Ethical Costs 2) Culture Bias 3) Genetics v Environment[

Posted from TSR Mobile
alexGedgar1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Someone else has predicted for other topics I don't do:

Controversies: Scientific Benefits + Ethics, Gender Bias

LoC: Theories of Sleep & Endo + Exo Factors in Bodily Rhythms (may do Disorders of Sleep - easy 3 to learn)

Forensics: Decision Making of Juries + Factors Affecting EWT Accuracy

Abnormality: Bias in Diagnostics System + Aeitologies of Depression

Posted from TSR Mobile
alexGedgar1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sexybadman)
I think decision making of Jurys will come up its never been asked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Juries has been on January 2014 and January 2012. However, Theories or Crime has been on once in January 2013.
Forgetting hasn't be asked for Memory at all, unless they are on the old papers in 2011.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZacthePredictor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I managed to predict all 3 issues questions correctly in py3 so I've had a good crack at PY4. I've predicted Cultural bias and ethical costs. I also do questions 3, 6 and 12. My prediction for question 3 is explanations of forgetting. My q6 prediction is conflict during adolescence. MY q12 prediction is treatments of Schizophrenia. Hope this helps anyone that is stressed about tuesday
JCSmith
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anybody have a prediction for what intelligence essays may come up?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1064)
78.99%
Leave (283)
21.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise