Bremainers: how are you going to reform the EU?

Watch
Jammy Duel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I often hear from those in favour or remaining in the EU that we should do it so we can reform the EU to operate the way we want it to, something that cannot be done outside the EU. Of course, this overlooks the history of our relationship with the EU, a history of failed reforms even before we joined. If we need any more proof that we cannot reform the institution from within we need look no further than Cameron's so called "renegotiation", a renegotiations that can be summed up as "I didn't have to give anything away." If with the threat of leaving we cannot get any meaningful concessions or reforms then how are we going to do it when we are locked in for a generation and come the next opportunity to leave it won't be leaving a political union, it will be a secession from a state?
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Vote in MEPs and MPs depending on what reforms you want.
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Davij038)
Vote in MEPs and MPs depending on what reforms you want.
And rely on enough of the other member states to vote according to the same reforms?
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
And rely on enough of the other member states to vote according to the same reforms?
So you are a revolutionary?
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
So you are a revolutionary?
No, but I hear voices on the remain side constantly arguing that we have more influence to reform the EU inside than out, which is almost certainly true, but then then fail to explain how it is that we will suddenly have so much influence to actually do what we have failed to do for the last half century, all the while the voices against us growing.
sainsburys wraps
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
haven't we had enough of your anti-Eu views already? we get it, the EU isn't perfect, but its better than going solo
Jammy Duel
Rep:
?
(Original post by sainsburys wraps)
haven't we had enough of your anti-Eu views already? we get it, the EU isn't perfect, but its better than going solo
It's only something at the centre of the argument for many people. Brexiters get shot down for the honest "nobody has a clue" economic answer, funnily nobody challenges the reform argument, possibly because it is known to be a load of tosh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep, just like we do in the UK with other constituencies.
sainsburys wraps
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's only something at the centre of the argument for many people. Brexiters get shot down for the honest "nobody has a clue" economic answer, funnily nobody challenges the reform argument, possibly because it is known to be a load of tosh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm yet to see a single remainer actually say they are going to reform the EU, but then again I don't spent the majority of my days relentlessly trying to force my political views on students on an online forum
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
?
Bremainers ?

Call them Remainians please
Betelgeuse-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ing-by-cameron

How short the memories are viva europa

Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm yet to see a single remainer actually say they are going to reform the EU, but then again I don't spent the majority of my days relentlessly trying to force my political views on students on an online forum
No you spend your days incompetently opposing them

sainsburys wraps
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
No you spend your days incompetently opposing them

some of you people get really sour when it comes to politics on the student room, lmao
Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
some of you people get really sour when it comes to politics on the student room, lmao
Hey you give strong criticism prepare to be smited down with strong opinions xoxo
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What I'd like would be to see the removal of the CAP. However, realistically, I do close to no actual campaigning so all I'll do will be to argue the point on the internet.
sainsburys wraps
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey you give strong criticism prepare to be smited down with strong opinions xoxo
smited and strong are rather ambitious words for your perpetual anti-islam / anti-EU rants
Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
smited and strong are rather ambitious words for your perpetual anti-islam / anti-EU rants
What can i say, your wonderful articulation and debating and reasoning skills have pushed the standards higher
ivybridge
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, I think the only way to solve our problems is for the UK government to get itself in gear. Immigration isn't the issue on its own and leaving or remaining in the EU won't change much positively either way.
sainsburys wraps
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What can i say, your wonderful articulation and debating and reasoning skills have pushed the standards higher
spamming a wall of text with some big words doesn't make your reasoning skills good
Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
spamming a wall of text with some big words doesn't make your reasoning skills good
It only looks like spam to the illiterate

Which banned account were you previously me ol chap?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
24.22%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (56)
43.75%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.63%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.13%

Watched Threads