Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does the maintenance loan get paid in time to pay for the instalments due for halls accommodation? Also, I've read my son will have to pay a 'bond' for the accommodation?Is this likely to be much, as he has to pay this several weeks before he actually starts uni?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If youve put your application in on time then hopefully the money will show up in time.

I have looked, but i cant see the amount the bond is from their website. Ive seen £250-350 as typical. That has to be paid for within 8 days of booking. Maybe someone form the UNI or a student cna confirm the bond amount or faster still just ring them. I couldnt see it in the faq.
    The timeline is here

If he has an unconditional offer, then he cna reserve online from 24 May and conditional from 1 June.
    http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/camp...aduatestudent/
    http://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/camp...016-entry.html
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by cathyP)
    Does the maintenance loan get paid in time to pay for the instalments due for halls accommodation? Also, I've read my son will have to pay a 'bond' for the accommodation?Is this likely to be much, as he has to pay this several weeks before he actually starts uni?
    Hi cathyP

The best people to talk to about this are our Accommodation Team. They can be emailed directly on [email protected] or you can give them a call on 01509 274488.

Hope this helps! Do let me know if you require any further information

Teresa

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.