Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, Ramadan is coming quite near (like in a few days mate) and I want to know what my fellow brothers and sisters are doing to prepare. For example, I have deleted all my music off my phone and replaced it with nasheeds with no music (Sami Yusuf and Maher Zain bc amazing voices) however Inshallah from then on I can continue listening to nasheeds and stop listening music entirely. If anyone wants to try and stop listening to music, I really recommend you try in Ramadan, it's the best time imo. Also, I'm watching a lot of youtube videos to get my Ramadan hype up bc you can get a lot of sawab in this month so why miss the chance? These are just mainly personal things I've done but in May my family and I batch made samosas bc we're Asian like that lmao. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not muslim, but I know a lot of muslims and have a couple of muslim friends. I'm giving up eating meat for Ramadan, so I can appreciate self sacrifice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powersymphonia)
    I'm not muslim, but I know a lot of muslims and have a couple of muslim friends. I'm giving up eating meat for Ramadan, so I can appreciate self sacrifice.
    That's such a beautiful thing you're doing. Inshallah it'll go easy for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs.Grey)
    Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, Ramadan is coming quite near (like in a few days mate) and I want to know what my fellow brothers and sisters are doing to prepare. For example, I have deleted all my music off my phone and replaced it with nasheeds with no music (Sami Yusuf and Maher Zain bc amazing voices) however Inshallah from then on I can continue listening to nasheeds and stop listening music entirely. If anyone wants to try and stop listening to music, I really recommend you try in Ramadan, it's the best time imo. Also, I'm watching a lot of youtube videos to get my Ramadan hype up bc you can get a lot of sawab in this month so why miss the chance? These are just mainly personal things I've done but in May my family and I batch made samosas bc we're Asian like that lmao. How about you?
    Trying to get a head start with the quran, I have the next few days to read as much quran as I can so as to have a head start so that if for any reason I miss a day or two during ramadan I will still on course to finish the quran during the month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Trying to get a head start with the quran, I have the next few days to read as much quran as I can so as to have a head start so that if for any reason I miss a day or two during ramadan I will still on course to finish the quran during the month.
    Mashallah, respect my brother. Inshallah I'm going to try and do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs.Grey)
    Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
    ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    ??
    It's a longer version of saying Assalamualaikum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    ??
    She could have said "hi".

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I really can't wait for exams to be over so I can focus so much on Ramadan inshAllah and make the most out of it, honestly can't wait for it to have my 100% focus, such a beautiful time of the year!

ReputationRep:
    You could give start a habit of giving donations, pray night prayers more, always try to make zikr time and Quran even if short but try not to skip everyday, try slowly to give up a bad habit such as smoking, listening to music, hanging out with bad company etc... and inshallah your Ramadan will be full of change , after all that's the main purpose of it, to come closer to God by changing yourself first.

inshallah your will be accepted . may God accept our fast and change our bad deeds to good deeds. Ameen

Love and peace to all human beings with no exception.

ReputationRep:
    Inshallah, inshallah. This time is the most important, it's when the Qur'an was brought to us so we should be respecting and sharing our deen so they can benefit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes Inshallah. This is the best time of the year however don't forget to spread the message of our deen as it's the time that the Qur'an was brought down on this Earth

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.