The Student Room Group

Religious Studies Philosophy OCR GCSE A* support

Many people have their own plans for the "e" - 12 mark questions. However, as an A* predicted student, I study Islam and Christianity for Philosophy and Ethics. I have applied this effective plan in all my e questions and tend to get the highest band with marks between 10-12 which is always impressive. After highlighting the suggestions from all the examiners in the examiners report, this is my highly advised method for those who want to achieve the full 12 marks.

Religious studies is quite similar to English but the opinions push you to the highest grade!

INTRODUCTION - Start off defining key terms, e.g. soul- divine spark, source from God, is holy, immortal. Then state one point FOR, and one point AGAINST. Then end off your intro with a rhetorical question, (this show's an engagement in a detailed conversation). e.g.

PARAGRAPH FOR- Apply the P.E.E.P structure. POINT- make points based on the argument FOR the statement in the question, keep making links. EVIDENCE- provide biblical or other holy scripture references for the relevant point and the relevant religion. EXPLAIN- Develop points but still link to topic. PERSONAL OPINION- End the paragraph with a short opinion, what you believe is right and whether you agree with the points of this argument.

PARAGRAPH AGAINST- Apply the P.E.E.P structure.POINT- make points based on the argument AGAINST the statement in the question, keep making links. EVIDENCE- provide biblical or other holy scripture references for the relevant point and the relevant religion. EXPLAIN- Develop points but still link to topic. PERSONAL OPINION- End the paragraph with a short opinion, what you believe is right and whether you agree with the points of this argument.

CONCLUSION- Finally, summarise all the points for and against. Summarise your opinion.

I promise you that if you are a student with an ambition to achieve an A* like me, and have enough time in the exam, this is absolutely the solid plan which will 100% help you achieve your desired grade. I wish everyone the best of luck!

WARNING: Before the exam, revise plenty of points for all the topics in Philosophy, such as End of life, Religion, reason, revelation etc, for both religions. Memorise short passages of Holy Scripture References and during the exam choose the "e" question which you have a strong feeling about. Don't just rush into one of the questions on the day! Spend a good 15 minutes on the "e" question if you want to apply this method. Finally don't forget to revise key words and definitions.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Reply 1
Please ask if you need help on any other questions. Thank You.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending