Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it bad to worry about my bf's happiness? I asked if he's happy he said no and I asked why he stays , he said because no one is always happy in a relationship and that, even if he's alone , he's not happy.

What do i do? I'm going to have 3 months + long distance relationship with him, and he is loyal, I just don't know what to do if I always think he's unhappy :/

ReputationRep:
    It's not a bad thing to worry about your boyfriends happiness, and if he is saying no one is always happy in a relationship, and he even if he is alone he is not happy. He may sort of be hinting to you that he isn't happy with the relationship? If he is always unhappy and you really want to try and go on with this whole distance thing how about trying to meet up more, or sit down with him properly and ask him properly whats the reason for his unhappiness as something might be bothering him and he just doesn't want to say. I;m sure you will both figure something out, as you both want each other happy.

(Original post by RBalboa)
    It's not a bad thing to worry about your boyfriends happiness, and if he is saying no one is always happy in a relationship, and he even if he is alone he is not happy. He may sort of be hinting to you that he isn't happy with the relationship? If he is always unhappy and you really want to try and go on with this whole distance thing how about trying to meet up more, or sit down with him properly and ask him properly whats the reason for his unhappiness as something might be bothering him and he just doesn't want to say. I;m sure you will both figure something out, as you both want each other happy.
    He's told me about them and it's pretty much around his wellbeing and how he's upset with what's happening around his friend and family. And the long distance only began on monday to september, and we have plans to meet, just I'm just going to be busy and wont have enough time for him like before.. which I'm trying to see around. But, I hope so, he said it's temporary and he's been more clingy and protective lately so, it maybe because of the distance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He's told me about them and it's pretty much around his wellbeing and how he's upset with what's happening around his friend and family. And the long distance only began on monday to september, and we have plans to meet, just I'm just going to be busy and wont have enough time for him like before.. which I'm trying to see around. But, I hope so, he said it's temporary and he's been more clingy and protective lately so, it maybe because of the distance.
    Well to do with his friend and families wellbeing all you can do is be there for him, to be honest. I',m sure if you guys put equal amount of effort in with each other, then you guys should work out fine.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.