Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice regarding accommodation. I will be hopefully moving through to Glasgow to study a Postgrad in secondary education at Strathclyde. I am not sure whether to move into post grad halls or to find other accommodation as I do not actually know anybody in Glasgow or those that will be on my course yet.

As I will be on placement too I would need to possibly use a car too.

Any advice?

Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jenniferw)
    Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice regarding accommodation. I will be hopefully moving through to Glasgow to study a Postgrad in secondary education at Strathclyde. I am not sure whether to move into post grad halls or to find other accommodation as I do not actually know anybody in Glasgow or those that will be on my course yet.

As I will be on placement too I would need to possibly use a car too.

Any advice?

Thanks!
    Heya :wavey:

I've moved this to the Strathclyde forum for you - hopefully you get a response here, and I'll bump this for you

If you don't get a response it may be worth getting in touch with the uni directly.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I'm in the same boat as you! Moving over to Glasgow to do the PGDE in Secondary and can't decide between halls or private accommodation.
    I'm from Ireland and need to look up Google maps every time I go looking at a place!
    If I do halls I don't want to end up with a bunch of first years or something, since I presume we'll have a fairly big course load and with placement too! And if I do private accommodation I don't know what counts as the dodgy part of town or whats a reasonable expectation for walking to college.

Feeling really lost here, even just the names of halls for Postgrads would be a help!
    I'm currently looking at Victoria Halls but can't find if its for Undergrads or Postgrads or anything!

Have you found out anything since?

Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.