Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

are these signs of attraction? male friend issue! Watch

I have a male friend, who likes this girl. This girl gives him a few mixed signals and its obvious she is leading him on, although they talk everyday. I've started to like this girl. are these signs of attraction?

1. I walked over to an area where she was sat with her friends - She called me babe.
    2. When I sat with my male friend, if she comes over she will talk to me first. She has even complimented me about my clothes infront of him. Complements about my clothes always happen around her, she notices what I wear.
    3. Me and my friend were waiting in a queue for dinner, she ignores him, taps me on the back and talks to me, ignoring him until he spoke.
    4. All three of us were sat around a table. I put my arms on the table, she puts her arms over mine. we then have an arm wrestle. She then takes my drink, and drinks from the same cup.

Okay so if these signs are good, how can I make a move without upsetting my friend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a male friend, who likes this girl. This girl gives him a few mixed signals and its obvious she is leading him on, although they talk everyday. I've started to like this girl. are these signs of attraction?

1. I walked over to an area where she was sat with her friends - She called me babe.
    2. When I sat with my male friend, if she comes over she will talk to me first. She has even complimented me about my clothes infront of him. Complements about my clothes always happen around her, she notices what I wear.
    3. Me and my friend were waiting in a queue for dinner, she ignores him, taps me on the back and talks to me, ignoring him until he spoke.
    4. All three of us were sat around a table. I put my arms on the table, she puts her arms over mine. we then have an arm wrestle. She then takes my drink, and drinks from the same cup.

Okay so if these signs are good, how can I make a move without upsetting my friend?
    Right, i think the best thing to do is to first talk to ur friend about her, and what he thinks of u liking her, and if he is a true friend then he would like most friends be happy for you, and then talk to the girl

ReputationRep:
    i agree with the post above, it is all about communication. Talk to your friend first so that he doesnt get hurt, if he says it's okay start spending more time with the girl, talk to her online more frequently and maybe ask her one a date if things start to go really well good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

She might fancy you, but there's nothing conclusive in what you told us to say she definitely fancies you.

If she is making an effort to speak to you / spend time with you that's a good sign though. If you want to nab her, you gotta escalate with her some way - like touch her more, not in a creepy way but in a playful / flirty way.

If she responds positively then you pursue her, and regarding your friend, depends how good a friend he is will affect your approach. Ultimately I would just be honest with him and say

"look dude I know you fancy X but everyone knows she is just leading you on. I think she might actually fancy me. Like I haven't made any effort but she keeps wanting to speak to me and sh*t. I just wanted to tell you that I'm gonna try and smash and just make sure we cool. Know you liked her but think about this way - she was just leading you on all this time, playing with you. You don't want a girl like that man anyway. I'm just going for it because think I can smash, that's it. So we cool?"

Or something along those lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.