Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I'm with MEI and the C2 exam is today week. C1 and C2 are the only exams where I can realistically get in the high nineties, but the problem is that I keep making tiny, small mistakes. For example, in my C1 exam I wrote down coordinates when they asked for roots.

For those who have gotten 100% before, how do you avoid making these sorts of errors?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Hariex)
    Hi.

I'm with MEI and the C2 exam is today week. C1 and C2 are the only exams where I can realistically get in the high nineties, but the problem is that I keep making tiny, small mistakes. For example, in my C1 exam I wrote down coordinates when they asked for roots.

For those who have gotten 100% before, how do you avoid making these sorts of errors?
    Practice questions, before you answer a question - highlight (underline or something) what bits of information you are given and what form your answer should be in, whether it's co-ordinates or surds or a function eetc.

I also look after every line, whether what I written makes sense/is correct based on the previous line, whether I have messed up a calculation or anything like that, and if I have time at the end of the exam, double check things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hariex)
    Hi.

Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice. Read questions thoroughly and of course have confidence in yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.