Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Wanna go to Oxford, don't know if I should specify for Magdalen or Oriel college-
    I am a keen rower, and looking to study medicine. Accommodation is also very important- I want somewhere with nice rooms ideally in the college itself i.e. with a chance of overlooking a quad? Which should I go for?

THANKS

ReputationRep:
    How did you narrow your choices down to Magdalen and Oriel? They seem quite different, at least to me. Oriel seems a lot friendlier but Magdalen is prettier... My guess (although I don't know) is that there will be stiffer competition at Magdalen. I can't comment on the accommodation.

I'd be tempted by The Queen's College for pretty quads, few tourists, a central location, and guaranteed accommodation for all years of your course. The boat club is Queen's biggest student society...

ReputationRep:
    I think you're overthinking things a touch, and you've got ages to make a decision. Both are great, and have plenty of opportunities for rooms in nice quads. Go to an open day or have a look on this site: http://www.chem.ox.ac.uk/oxfordtour/ and just pick the one you like the feel of best!

Also remember there's always a chance of being reallocated before or after interview so you might have your decision made for you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.