Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My father died in 1996, when I was only a baby. He was the father of eight, four with his ex and me and three others with my mother. My half brothers and half sisters departed my life after our father died and never bothered with me or my siblings again.

I have tried to contact them, but always get no response. In 2010, I sent one of them a message on Facebook, saying how I'd like to meet, but like I just said I got no response. This year, I sent two friends requests to my half sister, I cancelled the first and weeks later sent another one, but she just rejected it.

Should I continue to try or just say screw 'em?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Sounds as though you're wasting your time.

ReputationRep:
    just say screw em

ReputationRep:
    If I knew I had other family out there i'd sure keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    **** them.

There isn't much you can do anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Just incase if you didn't know, If you are not friends with them on facebook, then the message goes straight to the spam folder that no one knows exists, unless you pay the £0.2-1.0 to get the message to reach their inbox, though if it says 'seen' then I guess they have seen it, and do they know its 'you' who is sending them a friend request, as I personally ignore friend requests from strangers.

ReputationRep:
    Well I doesn't seem like they want your contact?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legend5048)
    My father died in 1996, when I was only a baby. He was the father of eight, four with his ex and me and three others with my mother. My half brothers and half sisters departed my life after our father died and never bothered with me or my siblings again.

I have tried to contact them, but always get no response. In 2010, I sent one of them a message on Facebook, saying how I'd like to meet, but like I just said I got no response. This year, I sent two friends requests to my half sister, I cancelled the first and weeks later sent another one, but she just rejected it.

Should I continue to try or just say screw 'em?
    F*ck Em x 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.