AAaaaaargh, someone please teach me how to do a girl quiff

Watch
Lex Talionis
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I've tried to follow these instructions "take the front section of fringe, twist it and push it forward, securing it with a few kirbie grips" but it doesn't seem to work, it just kinda looks like a tent on my head.

I'm stoopid at this, I'm gonna need step by step possibly picture examples lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been trying to work this one out for awhile!
thatsjustit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Back-comb before you clip it back
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Or just don't do it at all, it looks ridiculous.
Dollaleigh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dont try to take too much hair at once. i find if u only take a small amount and start with the quiff low then gradually make it more obvious over the days its less shocking to look at.
figure-it-out
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
sounds a bit gross but works betta wen ur hair is a little mor greasy / less straight. my frend straightens her hair n its thin neway n quiffs jus dnt work on her. thicker hair is much betta.

Steps:
take quite a wide section of hair from the front, from about the same level or making a slight backward v from the forehead.

tie the rest back, it gets in the way otherwise and trying to restyle afta messes up the quiff.

hold upright and twist once. use the twisting point to push down, so the quiff goes forward n use other hand to clip, then spray

hope this helps, jus had fun describing how to make a quiff in the mirror to myself =] xxx
love2learn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Take a triangle at the front - it's easier!! Then loosely twist it holding it out in front of your face and so that it's not too twisted at the roots. Then fold it backwards and pin it onto the point of the section that you created at the start.

Reason for a triangular section - you need a fair amount of hair to do the quiff, but if you take either a thick or wide section, it will look retarded, so this is a way of still getting a normal section, but with the amount of hair that the style needs.

Also, spray hair spray at the roots.
RunningOnRiver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nice one Team *****. Angelil hahahaha what a name!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (275)
34.08%
No (532)
65.92%

Watched Threads