Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who do you think will win Euro 2016? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who will win Euro 2016?
    Belgium
    18.18%
    England
    22.73%
    France
    18.18%
    Germany
    18.18%
    Italy
    0%
    Spain
    13.64%
    Wales
    9.09%
    Other
    0%

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    As above.

For me it's hard to see past France. Home advantage, really strong squad and a fairly easy group to get things started. Plus the motivation to bring the nation together following Charlie Hebdo, Paris etc.

Germany will go close, they weren't up to much in qualifying but they always do the business in major tournaments, and so will Spain. I'm not convinced on Belgium despite their squad looking good on paper.

England will lose on penalties to the first decent team they play, as always.

ReputationRep:
    Realistically France have a great chance.

Germany/Spain after France imo.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I worry for France's defence, but they should get to the final four. Once there, it's a lottery. It depends on the day, and a combination of factors.

ReputationRep:
    Belgium for me!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I worry for France's defence, but they should get to the final four. Once there, it's a lottery. It depends on the day, and a combination of factors.
    All depends who partners Koscielny. They played Rami the other night and from what i've heard he had an awful game.

You'd imagine Mangala or Umtiti will start against Scotland on Saturday.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    All depends who partners Koscielny. They played Rami the other night and from what i've heard he had an awful game.

You'd imagine Mangala or Umtiti will start against Scotland on Saturday.
    It's got to be Mangala, really.

That doesn't fill me with confidence, though.

ReputationRep:
    Belgium have such a great squad though, all around really good and they have stars too. Not sure about their experience though.

I go for Spain, I don't think France have the experience either. Italy and Germany don't have the players atm. England will bottle it as usual.

ReputationRep:
    Germany always turn up when it matters. France will run them close.

ReputationRep:
    I think England have a good shot tbh their teams quite strong

ReputationRep:
    Germany of course!

ReputationRep:
    Germany vs England will be nice
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Belgium have such a great squad though, all around really good and they have stars too. Not sure about their experience though.

I go for Spain, I don't think France have the experience either. Italy and Germany don't have the players atm. England will bottle it as usual.
    Belgium remind me a lot of England's so called "Golden Generation" under Sven. Squad full of talented individuals but the manager has no idea how to utilise them - the Belgians on RedCafe all absolutely despise Wilmots.

They're really short in defence too - Kompany & Lombaerts out injured and they play Toby/Vert as full backs because there's nobody else. Zlatan must be licking his lips.

The thing with Italy & Germany is, even though their squads are nothing compared to previous years, you just know they'll turn up no matter what team they play. I'd be scared if England had to face either of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Belgium remind me a lot of England's so called "Golden Generation" under Sven. Squad full of talented individuals but the manager has no idea how to utilise them - the Belgians on RedCafe all absolutely despise Wilmots.

They're really short in defence too - Kompany & Lombaerts out injured and they play Toby/Vert as full backs because there's nobody else. Zlatan must be licking his lips.

The thing with Italy & Germany is, even though their squads are nothing compared to previous years, you just know they'll turn up no matter what team they play. I'd be scared if England had to face either of them.
    Kompany is out?

Ok yea, not going for Belgium then.

And yes, I agree, they probably don't have the right coach either.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)

I fancy Lukaku to win the Golden Boot - or come close to it. Of course, he was totally ineffective at the World Cup two years ago, so the onus could fall upon Origi/Batshuayi. But Belgium have goals in all areas. I reckon they'll make the final eight.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.