The Student Room Group

Blairites combat anti-Semitism - by ensuring Labour Executive Committee has no Jews.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/only-jewish-candidate-for-labours-ruling-nec-blocked-after-intervention-by-jim-murphy-blairites-a7059486.html

So recently, Rhea Wolfson, a candidate for election to Labour's National Executive Committee, was denied nomination by her local party (which all NEC candidates are required to get in order to run). It seems that Jim Murphy, fresh from being crushed by the SNP, played a major role in blocking this nomination. The supposed reason was that Wolfson - a Corbyn supporter - was endorsed by Momentum, who Murphy and co. claimed have a problem with anti-Semitism, while Wolfson's local area - Eastwood - has a large Jewish population.

However, Wolfson is herself Jewish. In fact, she's the only Jewish candidate running. In other words, in the course of this supposed battle against anti-Semitism in the party, the Blairites have made it certain that a Jewish candidate will not be elected. Wolfson was also endorsed by the Labour-affiliated group the Jewish Labour Movement, and is a former President of Oxford University's Jewish society, but apparently neither of these factors have any bearing on whether or not she's an anti-Semite - only Momentum's endorsement does.

This whole thing gets more farcical by the day.
What an awful irony.

I've met Wolfson. It's a shame she didn't secure that nomination - she'd have been a terrific asset to the NEC.
Original post by anarchism101
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/only-jewish-candidate-for-labours-ruling-nec-blocked-after-intervention-by-jim-murphy-blairites-a7059486.html

So recently, Rhea Wolfson, a candidate for election to Labour's National Executive Committee, was denied nomination by her local party (which all NEC candidates are required to get in order to run). It seems that Jim Murphy, fresh from being crushed by the SNP, played a major role in blocking this nomination. The supposed reason was that Wolfson - a Corbyn supporter - was endorsed by Momentum, who Murphy and co. claimed have a problem with anti-Semitism, while Wolfson's local area - Eastwood - has a large Jewish population.

However, Wolfson is herself Jewish. In fact, she's the only Jewish candidate running. In other words, in the course of this supposed battle against anti-Semitism in the party, the Blairites have made it certain that a Jewish candidate will not be elected. Wolfson was also endorsed by the Labour-affiliated group the Jewish Labour Movement, and is a former President of Oxford University's Jewish society, but apparently neither of these factors have any bearing on whether or not she's an anti-Semite - only Momentum's endorsement does.

This whole thing gets more farcical by the day.

Thanks for sharing
Yeah I saw this and was going to make a thread.
At first, I saw the thread title and was thinking that this protestation against anti-Semitism is odd, given that OP is the most anti-Semitic regular on the entire forum.

Then I saw his post and came back to reality:

OP's inner monologue and the obvious basis for all his/her posts::

Original post by KimKallstrom
At first, I saw the thread title and was thinking that this protestation against anti-Semitism is odd, given that OP is the most anti-Semitic regular on the entire forum.

I'm not expecting much here, but go ahead and try to substantiate that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Yeah I saw this and was going to make a thread.

Let's be honest. And I mean actually honest, not social justice warrior fake honest. A segment of Momentum people are certainly anti-Semitic. That's undeniably true. 100% of the rest of them are apologists for these scumbags and anybody who identifies with them ought to be ashamed of themselves.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Let's be honest here they didn't ensure no Jews got on it just not a specific person
Original post by joecphillips
Let's be honest here they didn't ensure no Jews got on it just not a specific person

I'm not saying that they blocked Wolfson out of any particular desire to block any Jews from running, it's just ironic that no Jewish candidates has been the end result.

Imagine a parallel in which there were say, five male candidates and one female candidate running for a position within Labour. Then, supposedly out of concerns regarding misogyny, the only female candidate - despite receiving the endorsement of Labour Women and being a former President of her university's Feminist Society - was barred from running on the grounds that a party faction which supposedly had some misogynist members (if you want to up the ante, add that many of these supposed misogynist maintained they had merely made political critiques of separatism feminism) had also endorsed her. It would be ridiculous, as it is here.

Your victim mentality is truly astonishing. Perhaps only second to your paranoia and hypocrisy.
You're the type who accuse anyone who so much as criticises Israel as being anti-Semitic.

The great irony of course is that you're every bit as pathetic as the sjw who claim anyone who has concerns about immigration is racist or that anyone concerned with Radical Islam is Islamaphobic.

You're just as bad.
You're a social justice warrior by another name.

People like you want to ban free speech and ban anyone from criticising Israel, just as the sjw want to ban criticism of Muslims and immigration. You're all the same.
(edited 7 years ago)
Let's be honest. And I mean actually honest, not social justice warrior fake honest. A segment of Momentum people are certainly anti-Semitic. That's undeniably true. 100% of the rest of them are apologists for these scumbags and anybody who identifies with them ought to be ashamed of themselves.

And again, you show yourself up for the sjw you really are. 'Anyone who thinks differently to me is just anti-Semitic'. Just like how the pathetic lefties argue 'anyone who thinks differently to me is racist/ islamaphobic'. For someone who hates the far left so much, you share an awful lot in common.

I've seen some victim complexes on here but none quite reach your level so congrats really.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending