Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi basically, since Friday I have done no revision. I don't know why? I haven't left my house, I sit at my desk and I cat revise. I don't know what to do I am really worried. I have 6 exams next week all I am not prepared for. I try to wake up early and not get distracted but I keep getting up late and sleep through my alarms and I get distracted. I am constantly feeling guilty and stressed. Please help any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Same, I had a really stressful last couple of weeks cramming.
    Friday comes, i finish my exam and since then i have done N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
    I have 4 exams left, from now until the 17th, Geog and 3 sciences.

I have no idea whats changed so now i just cant focus. I plan to just force myself to go through a section of geog tonight and tomorrow actually focus.

I'll say the cliche, just think of the summer and what would happen if you don't get the grades you are aiming for.

It's hard but we can do it!

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you guys have a lot on your plate at the moment , i think listening to some music would help you settle into an effective period of revision as opposed to trying to revise with no prep if that makes sense. Break down what you need to get done into small tasks as completing them will give you a motivational boost and will also make you feel more accomplished. There's still time just don't stress to much .
    ps the memory palace technique can also work very quickly

ReputationRep:
    Im having exactly the same.
    1. Don't panic or feel guilty, this wastes time and energy.
    2. Get off TSR
    3. Study because you want to succeed, not because you fear failure.
    4. Study efficently to get the most out of your time.
    Good luck :P
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You cna only do what you can do. Just prepare for them as best you can i.e do 3-5hs a day revision. Select past papers if youve done most of it or select the most critical areas you havent covered. maybe just do timed essay plans or read past papers rather than fully do them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbrownbeast)
    Same, I had a really stressful last couple of weeks cramming.
    Friday comes, i finish my exam and since then i have done N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
    I have 4 exams left, from now until the 17th, Geog and 3 sciences.

I have no idea whats changed so now i just cant focus. I plan to just force myself to go through a section of geog tonight and tomorrow actually focus.

I'll say the cliche, just think of the summer and what would happen if you don't get the grades you are aiming for.

It's hard but we can do it!

Same here. I have 6 exams, after weeks of exhaustion and cramming I think I gave myself a bit of a break...and I haven't done enough. I'm going to go to bed, wake up as early as possible and get a chunk of stuff done. Ugh I hate exams 6 exams left...one on MONDAY!

ReputationRep:
    If you can't sit down and revise at a desk atm, maybe try just watching some revision videos for now to get you back into the revision mood. There will be numerous channels for GCSE revision such as myGCSEscience etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariah2011)
    Hi basically, since Friday I have done no revision. I don't know why? I haven't left my house, I sit at my desk and I cat revise. I don't know what to do I am really worried. I have 6 exams next week all I am not prepared for. I try to wake up early and not get distracted but I keep getting up late and sleep through my alarms and I get distracted. I am constantly feeling guilty and stressed. Please help any advice?
    Use Quizlet (website that allows you to make flashcards) you could also search them up and go through them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.