Applying (for the first time) through clearing

Watch
earthtoanonymous
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So, my circumstances have recently aligned allowing me to go to uni this September, so I'll have to apply through clearing. I finished my A-levels last year (ABB) and have spent this year working and teaching myself new crafts. I want to go to Birmingham City University to study English & Media, and only BCU because I need to be living at home and it's the only local course that meets my needs. If anyone else has applied initially through clearing and could help me with my concerns that would be great. My first question is how, if at all, should I adjust my personal statement with the fact I'm applying through clearing? I've already mentioned my year out of education & how I've spent the time. Also, if I email my college to ask for a reference are they likely to give me one despite their deadline being way back in November to meet the initial UCAS deadline, or should I ask my employer? Finally, how will my student finance affected by the fact I'm applying through clearing? I'm keeping my job so it's not a *major* issue, but I'd like to be prepared. Any help would be massively appreciated
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by earthtoanonymous)
So, my circumstances have recently aligned allowing me to go to uni this September, so I'll have to apply through clearing.
You don't need to wait for Clearing. You can still apply normally now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Plus if you're only applying for one choice you'll pay less than if you apply through clearing.

Contact BCU and explain your situation and ask how they would prefer you to apply (they might even be able to get you in without using UCAS at all).
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
why do you need to live at home? and why not UOB as well?
earthtoanonymous
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
why do you need to live at home? and why not UOB as well?
Finance, responsibilities, personal preference. And UOB doesn't do the course I'm after
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by earthtoanonymous)
Finance, responsibilities, personal preference. And UOB doesn't do the course I'm after
I see but it's not as simple as that on the Finance front because you'll get less loan as a home student.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.6%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.84%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.11%
I need help with my personal statement (54)
39.42%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25.55%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.19%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.3%

Watched Threads