Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Edit: Sorry, wrong thread

ReputationRep:
    just call it a "World" Song Contest and invite every country (that wants to take part)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Eurovision includes Israel - which is fine, because its almost in Europe, and none of its neighbours would want to hold any music competition with it.

However, it also includes Australia. I can only assume that an American intern mistook Australia for Austria.

I saw this video below (from an Israeli comedy), and it made me wonder: What's the limit? Will we accept Canada into Eurovision? The US? Maybe even Turkey?

Hahaha the Israelis are far better at comedy than the Goy.

ReputationRep:
    Turkey already takes part...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I think the Australians have finished their tenure. Its an interesting question as the competition evolves and they could invite a new ountry on a regular occasion.

Not many nations can afford to host it or want it, although they all love attending. Theres also the issue of future funding with most of it being pai for by the host nation an the big 5. As its becoming stupidly political, then I cna see pressure being brought to spend licence payers money elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Just remember, the purpose of this thread is simply a discussion about Eurovision expansion, and not in any way an excuse to post that not-at-all funny and indeed extremely offensive video.
    why would the video be offensive? i thought it was hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly Eurovision has been diluted over the years to point that it no longer portrays European culture accurately.

If you wish to see a more traditional and cerebral depiction of our fine cultural output, I recommend Eurotrash.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.