Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sweden: Fewer than 500 of 163,000 asylum seekers found jobs Watch

Of the less than 500 jobs, I wonder how many are translators?

http://www.thelocal.se/20160531/fewe...ers-found-jobs

ReputationRep:
    More made up statistics from the elites who don't want you to know how many people's jobs they are taking or how much they are driving down their wages

(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    More made up statistics from the elites who don't want you to know how many people's jobs they are taking or how much they are driving down their wages
    Funny trolling. However, most Swedes would probably rather they did find a job, else they are just a drain on public finances.

ReputationRep:
    So the rest are on benefits?

ReputationRep:
    TBF that could just be the people who are working on the straight and level.

The great benefit to migrant labour is the working off the books for pittance for unscrupulous employers.

So while the true employment figures may be much higher, it's still up for debate if that's any better.

Wether they're refusing to find work though or employers are refusing to hire them, it's a disturbing statistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)

The great benefit to migrant labour is the working off the books for pittance for unscrupulous employers.

So while the true employment figures may be much higher, it's still up for debate if that's any better.
    Precisely. Not to mention the effect this has on wages.

ReputationRep:
    I am not the least surprised

ReputationRep:
    Why am I not surprised

ReputationRep:
    I thought that the hordes of engineers, doctors and lawyers were going to boost the economy. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Why am I not surprised
    (Original post by Josb)
    I thought that the hordes of engineers, doctors and lawyers were going to boost the economy. :confused:
    (Original post by M14B)
    I am not the least surprised
    LOL

Read the bloody article

(Original post by Studentus-anonymous)

Wether they're refusing to find work though or employers are refusing to hire them, it's a disturbing statistic.
    A large number are almost certainly working illegally, or in crime, yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I thought the hordes of unskilled labour was going to take jobs from native people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I thought the hordes of unskilled labour was going to take jobs from native people.
    Nobody said that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Nobody said that.
    :laugh: :rofl: :rofl2::rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    :laugh: :rofl: :rofl2::rofl3:
    No, he's right. You're thinking of Eastern Europeans. The position is that EU migrants drive down wages of the native workers etc. Nobody said that the refugees will. The only people who suggested that this lot will get jobs are you lot lol.

I've noticed quite a lot of SJWs making this mistake (conflating these people with the refugees) recently since that meme came out. Perhaps you think of all immigrants are the same but not everybody else does. It's always amusing to see SJWs come in with good intentions to lambast somebody who doesn't agree with them and then just betray their own prejudices. lol If I had a penny........

ReputationRep:
    This is 500 more people that found job than I initially though.

ReputationRep:
    Swedens welfare bill must be too high then

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.