Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you registered to vote in this month's referendum? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you registered to vote in this month's referendum?
    Yes
    41.62%
    No, but I'm going to
    1.31%
    No, and I won't be
    5.37%
    No, I'm not 18 yet
    49.07%
    No idea!
    2.63%

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Deadline for registering is 7 June - so are you registered yet?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Yup. Registered a few months ago.

ReputationRep:
    I am indeed. Got my postal vote waiting.

ReputationRep:
    I am, going to pop down to the polling station on the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooks)
    Haven't just registered but voted today! To Leave clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooks)
    I've already "voted"

ReputationRep:
    Sent my vote off ages ago.

It's a dangerous walk to that voting booth.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I'm 15, I wish I could, sadly not. I like how the government aren't getting people at our age involved in politics...

ReputationRep:
    I hope I am. Applied and stuff. Just waiting from confirmation from the Council, which is taking longer than I would like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    I'm 15, I wish I could, sadly not. I like how the government aren't getting people at our age involved in politics...
    You want to vote leave, but you want 15, 16 or 17 year olds to be able to vote?

You'd do more good by not having that privilege. Trust me, I want to vote, but we're not the norm. Us being allowed to vote would only be to our disadvantage.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    You want to vote leave, but you want 15, 16 or 17 year olds to be able to vote?

You'd do more good by not having that privilege. Trust me, I want to vote, but we're not the norm. Us being allowed to vote would only be to our disadvantage.
    I don't get how? We have a large youth population, this is our future so we should be given the right to vote. I see nothing wrong with that. If anything, young people should be more involved in politics but right now these politicians don't make it look attractive at all. I don't think it's a disadvantage, I know David Cameron supports the involvement of young people in politics.

ReputationRep:
    My card arrived ages ago
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and I am voting OUT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    I don't get how? We have a large youth population, this is our future so we should be given the right to vote. I see nothing wrong with that. If anything, young people should be more involved in politics but right now these politicians don't make it look attractive at all. I don't think it's a disadvantage, I know David Cameron supports the involvement of young people in politics.
    It seems to me more young people want to remain in the EU, so I don't think it's gonna help our cause.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    It seems to me more young people want to remain in the EU, so I don't think it's gonna help our cause.
    True. However, I'm talking about in general young people should get involved more into politics. Then again... I can see why David Cameron supports that in this case lol... Stresses the importance of young people registering to vote...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.