Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am conducting research for my Masters dissertation at the University of Chester titled: High-StakeLies: Effects of Sex and Emotional Intelligence Traits in Accurately DetectingReal-Life Deception.

The purpose of this researchproject is to investigate emotional intelligence traits, sex differences anddeception in real life, high-stake situations - specifically people makingappeals for missing or murdered relatives. Should you choose to participate, you will be asked to complete an emotional intelligence trait questionnaire, consisting of 30 questions.
    The questionnaire is designed to measure emotional intelligence as a personality measure and is non-diagnostic. You will then be asked to watch a series of twenty video clips of footage of people making public appeals for help with missing or murdered relatives. The video clips may contain emotional content,as they will feature people appealing for missing or possibly murdered relatives. The clips have a similar content to what may be viewed in a news programme, however if you think you may find this distressing you should not continue. After each clip has been played, you will be asked to state if you believe the person is being deceptive or truthful.
    This is not a diagnostic measure and you will not be given any results when taking part. The study is entirely computerbased. It should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
    Due to the use of videos in the research you will need to have sufficient hearing and visual abilities in order to watch and hear the content. There are no intended benefits in taking part in the experiment. However taking part will greatly help me, and expand and add to knowledge in this area of research.
    Please note that all data collected is anonymous so you will not be asked for your name or any other personal details.
    Please click on the link below for further details and to participate in the research.
    https://chester.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/...take-deception

If you have any questions please contact me andI will try to help.
    Thank you for your time,
    Kate Miller[email protected]

This study has been reviewed and received ethics clearance through The University of Chester – The Department ofPsychology Ethic’s Board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychkate)
    I am conducting research for my Masters dissertation at the University of Chester titled: High-StakeLies: Effects of Sex and Emotional Intelligence Traits in Accurately DetectingReal-Life Deception.

The purpose of this researchproject is to investigate emotional intelligence traits, sex differences anddeception in real life, high-stake situations - specifically people makingappeals for missing or murdered relatives. Should you choose to participate, you will be asked to complete an emotional intelligence trait questionnaire, consisting of 30 questions.
    The questionnaire is designed to measure emotional intelligence as a personality measure and is non-diagnostic. You will then be asked to watch a series of twenty video clips of footage of people making public appeals for help with missing or murdered relatives. The video clips may contain emotional content,as they will feature people appealing for missing or possibly murdered relatives. The clips have a similar content to what may be viewed in a news programme, however if you think you may find this distressing you should not continue. After each clip has been played, you will be asked to state if you believe the person is being deceptive or truthful.
    This is not a diagnostic measure and you will not be given any results when taking part. The study is entirely computerbased. It should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
    Due to the use of videos in the research you will need to have sufficient hearing and visual abilities in order to watch and hear the content. There are no intended benefits in taking part in the experiment. However taking part will greatly help me, and expand and add to knowledge in this area of research.
    Please note that all data collected is anonymous so you will not be asked for your name or any other personal details.
    Please click on the link below for further details and to participate in the research.

Thank you for your time,

This study has been reviewed and received ethics clearance through The University of Chester – The Department ofPsychology Ethic’s Board

Done, could you do mine please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trill)
    Done, could you do mine please?
    Done - thanks for doing mine too - good luck with it : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychkate)

Thank you for your time,

Done! Could you please do mine for my dissertation as well? Should only take 5-7 minutes Thanks!
    https://newcastlebusiness.eu.qualtri...5MFMfPT0WOYS4B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anya_H)
    Done! Could you please do mine for my dissertation as well? Should only take 5-7 minutes Thanks!
    https://newcastlebusiness.eu.qualtri...5MFMfPT0WOYS4B
    Done - thanks for doing mine : )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.