This discussion is closed.
james101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I have now got a new job at asda, i recently got a job at another shop for the weekend, i have only worked there for 2 days and was wondering if they will still pay me for those days even though i am going to leave and work at asda in a couple of weeks? At my weekend job i am only on a trial period where i can decide to leave etc.

Just wondering what you thought
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by james101)
I have now got a new job at asda, i recently got a job at another shop for the weekend, i have only worked there for 2 days and was wondering if they will still pay me for those days even though i am going to leave and work at asda in a couple of weeks? At my weekend job i am only on a trial period where i can decide to leave etc.

Hmm...this may not be right, but don't you have to give (2 weeks) notice?
james101
Rep:
?
im not sure, if it is a trial period they said i can leave if i didnt like it or if i wasnt right for them i could leave, not sure if i can though.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by james101)

Is where you are working now a big company or a small place?
james101
Rep:
?
big company, i still dont know the rate of pay and also i havent given in my bank details to them.
Liverbird
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Usually under a trial period you or the company are under no obligation to give notice, I would check with HR or your boss first tho. Did they give you a paper contract to sign? Info about a trial period should be in there. If they haven't given you one, ask for it, it will also tell you about rate of pay. You are entitled to know the conditions of your employment.

Yes you should be paid for the work you have done for them. I would mention any pay outstanding in your resignation letter.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (33)
8.4%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.4%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (87)
22.14%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (52)
13.23%
No, nothing has changed (118)
30.03%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
17.81%

Watched Threads