Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically my volume button on the side of my iPad is jammed ... I can't press it to reduce the volume ... I know hoe to do it the other way but is there ani way I can fix the volume button ????.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    when your buttons dont work, go to:
    setting
    general
    accessibility
    assistive touch - turn it ''on''

and a small grey square should appear on the screen
    click on it, then tap on ''device'' and you should see the volume up and down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    when your buttons dont work, go to:
    setting
    general
    accessibility
    assistive touch - turn it ''on''

and a small grey square should appear on the screen
    click on it, then tap on ''device'' and you should see the volume up and down
    No I know that but is there any way I can actually fix the button

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to answer that with any certainty without seeing it. Possibly a job for a local techy shop or something like that, I'm afraid.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I have this with the power button on my ipod. Not managed to sort it out yet but annoying me a lot as I use it most of the time. The only thing I can think of is getting someone to take the back off it for me but not sure how easy or expensive that might be. If you find another way let us know!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.