OCR 21st Century Science B4 B5 B6 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aishoolimoo
I also got 1:64

What happens if i didnt simplify?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Six Marker Predictions

1/ B5: Cell cycle i.e mitosis or something on meiosis of organisms comparision question.

2/ B4: Active transport

3/ B6: Reflex arcs in animals for survival.

You nailed those predications

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said it was mitosis as is produced a zygote which has 46 chromosomes which is the normal number in body cells. I said stage A was meoisis for the opposite reason. I have no idea if that's close to right though.

do frogs have 46 chromosomes?
I thought the paper was ok,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
I said it was mitosis as is produced a zygote which has 46 chromosomes which is the normal number in body cells. I said stage A was meoisis for the opposite reason. I have no idea if that's close to right though.

I believe that's correct. Mitosis was stage B, as it involves the growth and development of the tadpole to an adult frog. A was meiosis as it lead to the formation of gametes.

I put the similarities were that in both divisions, the DNA is copied at first and splits into two. However the difference is that meiosis splits the two separate cells again into four, with each nucleus containing half the number of chromosomes??
Original post by ry_s99
I believe that's correct. Mitosis was stage B, as it involves the growth and development of the tadpole to an adult frog. A was meiosis as it lead to the formation of gametes.

I put the similarities were that in both divisions, the DNA is copied at first and splits into two. However the difference is that meiosis splits the two separate cells again into four, with each nucleus containing half the number of chromosomes??

I did the exact same similarities!

What happens I got the stages mixed up but the similarities/differences correct?
Original post by babbajung
What happens I got the stages mixed up but the similarities/differences correct?

I reckon you'd get a solid 3 marks for the right similarities and differences
Reply 48
I wrote about meiosis for stage A and mitosis for stage B. I drew a curve for the graph and estimated at 43 arbitrary units. What about the last question? I thought Amy had the best explanation and I put grasp reflex for the baby.
Original post by Ben.M
I wrote about meiosis for stage A and mitosis for stage B. I drew a curve for the graph and estimated at 43 arbitrary units. What about the last question? I thought Amy had the best explanation and I put grasp reflex for the baby.

I said it was Orla and talked about the sucking relflex but grasp is one.
Reply 50

I got Cillian , I revised the exact thing before the exam so remembered it. Also, I drew a line for the "line" of best fit. If it had asked for a curve it would say draw the graph
Reply 51

I thought Orla was right but I thought Amy had a better explanation? I wasn't sure which one to go with, I just knew that Simon was completely wrong.
Reply 52
Original post by Iqsar
Also, I drew a line for the "line" of best fit. If it had asked for a curve it would say draw the graph

I just thought that limiting factor graphs were always drawn with curves, the ones I have seen in revision were.
Original post by Ben.M
I thought Orla was right but I thought Amy had a better explanation? I wasn't sure which one to go with, I just knew that Simon was completely wrong.

Yeah everyone seems to have different answers for that one.
Reply 54
Yeah everyone seems to have different answers for that one.

So it seems
Original post by Iqsar
I got Cillian , I revised the exact thing before the exam so remembered it. Also, I drew a line for the "line" of best fit. If it had asked for a curve it would say draw the graph

Lines of best fit can be curved. At least I've been told they can be .
What about the 2nd six marker? What stages did you guys come up with?

I did stage A ( Meiosis) and Stage B (Mitosis) as well, however many pupils said that it should be stage A and C because stage B just fertilised, I think it both correct as soon as you can identify which is which .
Original post by Ben.M

they are talking about different things at the last question for part A should be Amy ( holding food)
For part b is talking about baby such as grasping reflex
Reply 59
Original post by Natalie_Loi
they are talking about different things at the last question for part A should be Amy ( holding food)
For part b is talking about baby such as grasping reflex

Yeah I put those

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending