Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to withdraw money from Savings account? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Never done it before. This account does not have a card, all I have is a bank book.

Anyone know if I can withdraw money and how?

Also, does it look suspicious if I withdraw all of it?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Never done it before. This account does not have a card, all I have is a bank book.

You'll probably need ID, and no it wont but you'll have to close it.

ReputationRep:

If you don't have a card for the account, go to the bank with photo ID eg passport or driving licence, ask if you can withdraw the amount you want.
    To me it won't look suspicious, it's your money from your savings account. I'd imagine people do it all the time to buy stuff they have saved for.
    Also if you use online banking, you could transfer it to your current account, however doing this might limit you to withdrawing up to a certain figure, for me it's £300 a day I think.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you want to keep the account then leave £1 in.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, so if I empty an account it has to close? Does it do this automatically or do I have to do something?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, so if I empty an account it has to close? Does it do this automatically or do I have to do something?
    It depends on the provider. Most won't keep an empty account open, because it costs them money.

Besides, why would you want to keep an empty account open? It doesn't make much sense for you, either.

ReputationRep:
    Keep a pound in your account as it will save you from having to reopen another savings account, it just saves some extra bother

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.