Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I know I'm not dying.cI'm too young to die. It's like a stabbing/stinging pain. As if something is squeezing me really hard and then letting go. The first time it started was years ago (I'm not kidding). But I never took it as a real issue because it would come and go and I thought it was just general pains. But this whole week I've been feeling close to fainting and kept getting blackouts/dizziness and it's been particularly bad yesterday and today. I know I should see a doctor ASAP, which I will tommorow. I should have seen a doctor ages ago.

I'm just writing this here to get my mind off it. My heart rate has recently been beating a mile a minute and it's killing me. I'm just lying on my bed, on the verge of tears, panicking because what if it's something big. Is this a normal thing? Pls tell me it is. Is this a symptom of a heart attack?

ReputationRep:
    Call 111

(Original post by Namita Gurung)
    Call 111
    What's that? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    it could be migraines...
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Migrain.../Symptoms.aspx

which aren't life threatening...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What's that? :cry2:
    It's when it's too serious to wait for a doctor's appointment but not serious enough for 999. When my brother fell down a hill on his bike, we called 111. It's really helpful - the person on there asks you questions and tells you to go to the nearest A&E if it's serious.

(Original post by z33)
    it could be migraines...
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Migrain.../Symptoms.aspx

which aren't life threatening...
    No, I'm definitely not suffering from headaches/migraines. Did you misread the title? It's my heart not my head

(Original post by Namita Gurung)
    It's when it's too serious to wait for a doctor's appointment but not serious enough for 999. When my brother fell down a hill on his bike, we called 111. It's really helpful - the person on there asks you questions and tells you to go to the nearest A&E if it's serious.
    Thanks a lot. I'll do that

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm definitely not suffering from headaches/migraines. Did you misread the title? It's my heart not my head
    oh **** i did

._.
    whoops

well I sometimes get stabbing pains in my heart but went to the doc and they said it was fine
    call 111 if you're really worried

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot. I'll do that
    Np. Hope you feel better :console:

(Original post by z33)
    oh **** i did

._.
    whoops

well I sometimes get stabbing pains in my heart but went to the doc and they said it was fine
    call 111 if you're really worried
    Dw, it's probably all that revision getting to your head haha.

Gonna call 111. Feeling slightly more relieved now

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.