Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm finsihing up my A levels and am off to uni in september to study biological sciences at Plymouth uni and I have no idea what to expect! I'm friends with a few people who have been or are at uni and they say freshers a messy week of drinking and themed parties and I just want to know what to expect? Or if anyone is taking the same course as me and have a little more info on it than I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leelee7237)
    So I'm finsihing up my A levels and am off to uni in september to study biological sciences at Plymouth uni and I have no idea what to expect! I'm friends with a few people who have been or are at uni and they say freshers a messy week of drinking and themed parties and I just want to know what to expect? Or if anyone is taking the same course as me and have a little more info on it than I do
    When you get accepted into a freshers page you will be bombarded with fresher promoters trying to sell you tickets to icebreaker, superfresh etc. Last year I bought £40 worth of tickets and didn't go to any of them! Me and my flat and floor all went to the SU events which were amazing! So be careful and don't buy anything too early, when they say they are sold out/ selling out - they actually aren't its a marketing technique.

Freshers flu is real I got laryngitis and for 4 days of freshers i couldn't speak (but i still drank paint stripper vodka)
    My advice go out, meet people and make effort!

ReputationRep:
    yer just have fun and watch out for the flu, there is nothing you can do about it, you will get it as everyone gets it. You can buy freshers wrist bands which I think were £40 that let you get into every club in town for the week, but the clubs generally are cheap but they might charge more as its freshers.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Plymouth University resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.