Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was reading through the biology specification and it says: "candidates should be familiar with the principles Mendel used in investigating mono hybrid inheritance in peas" could someone pls tell me what this means I'm confused

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    He crossbred 2 different coloured peas to investigate inheritance.

From this he concluded that some traits are recessive and some are dominant but more importantly how alleles are inherited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kira Yagami)
    He crossbred 2 different coloured peas to investigate inheritance.

From this he concluded that some traits are recessive and some are dominant but more importantly how alleles are inherited.
    He also realised that organisms must have different combination of alleles e.g. some can be homyzogus and some can be heterzoygous. This further helped him identify what gentoype causes a specific phenotype.

ReputationRep:
    He also realised that organisms must have different combination of alleles e.g. some can be homyzogus and some can be heterzoygous. This further helped him identify what gentoype causes a specific phenotype.
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for your exams.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for your exams.
    Are you also doing GCSEs? If so good luck to you too x

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing A levels. Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.