The Student Room Group

Is revising 2 days before an exam ok?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yup if your revision technique is effective for you then yes and two days before leaves you time to look at the spec for the subject to make sure you know key points.
I've been doing this for practically all of my subjects because even if I revised a month early I wld have forgotten everything.
Just make sure you do not cram the night before, sleeping early is best and it is better to wake up early to go over a few things last minute then to lose sleep by cramming as this only adds to your nerves.
Reply 41
LOL I didnt revise for my RS exam. In them, theyre 6 questions. And you do the 4 questions that are from the 4 topics you learnt ( different schools do different topics) I done the wrong topics. And I still got an A. I didnt revise my graphics at all as well and got an A. Trust me GCSES are so easy you dont need to revise. even reading through a text book is defo enough
thats so good!
which subjects did you get a* in? also any tips on cramming/last minute revision
Original post by Billy_Boi
I wouldn't advise it, but I'm doing it now for my A-Levels and did it for my GCSEs as well. I got 4A*s 4As and 3Bs. Wasn't particularly thrilled, but it goes to show that you don't need to do tonnes of revision to do okay.
any advice on history, im dreading it
Original post by Billy_Boi
A*s in Chemistry, Biology, History, English Literature

Read revision guides opposed to textbooks, far more concise and to the point. Did tonnes of past papers in the short time. For English Literature just read poems/book extracts and learnt important scenes.
Original post by hals
I've errr.. somehow managed to leave my revision until now and am currently revising for exams a few days before i actually have them (GCSEs). is this usually successful? anyone experienced doing this and achieving good grades (I'm looking to achieve the best grades i can)

Lol I had a history exam straight after lunch. I skipped lunch, grabbed a revision textbook and read most of the main points on that. Due to lack of good time management, I was one mark off an A*. It's surprising to be honest considering the fact that the teacher was terrifically crap. But I really like history so that helped me. I guess if you like the subject enough or have a good teacher you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which exams have you got left to do?
Original post by hals
I've errr.. somehow managed to leave my revision until now and am currently revising for exams a few days before i actually have them (GCSEs). is this usually successful? anyone experienced doing this and achieving good grades (I'm looking to achieve the best grades i can)

Isn't it obvious?!

Spoiler

Reply 47
Meh, it's only GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Alisha*
Isn't it obvious?!

Spoiler

I thought you would've wrote yes in the spoiler. It is only GCSEs they are not that difficult. I barely did any revision and got good grades and so did most of my friends
Original post by Serpentine111
I revised a day before for all my GCSE exams and got all As/A*s. It's not too bad since there isn't much content for GCSE from what I remember: A-levels is a very different story though.

Legit everyone is saying that and I'm like I find GCSES difficulr :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hals

Yep. I did it or my GCSES, I even revised on the morning of my exam and I still passed them all. I didn't get the grades that I could've gotten if I'd revised earlier but I didn't get anything lower than a C so it's all good.

Just a word of advice-NEVER leave all revision to the last minute. I say it to myself every year and I never learn:smile:
Original post by hals

It worked on many occasions for me!
I still think I like this method, but don't get complacent with this method, bc what u'll also experience is laziness... and this means procrastinating.

I have like 2 days till geography and I I haven't learnt anything....
what I do right now is basically what's going to narrow or widen my chances of getting into my desired college.
Yes I've left it too late.

But it's what I do now that matters right?
I hope so....
it's better late than never :-( GOOD LUCK FAM!
If you are particularly good at the subject leaving it late may be ok as you are only reminding yourself of things you already know but for things you are not so strong at it would probably be better to revise longer for it.
Best of luck on all of your GCSEs
Reply 53
Original post by Jazzy_j_
Which exams have you got left to do?

Ive got my fmsq maths is around 12 hours (i revised for this for more than 2 days lol), compoter science ans geography on Wednesdy, thrsday maths calc and friday chemistry. Ive then got 1 bio exam, anirher chemistry exam and 2 physics so 9 ledt in total.

Been trying to sleep since 11.30 pm but ive just been tossog and turning. Im not even thinking about the exam its just my body knows something serious is happenig tomorrow ... no idea how but this always happens -_- so i came to pass the time in heee in the hope to become tired
Original post by hals

Oh my god! I think I've found my future-self! Hi!
Original post by dididid
yh perfectly fine i used to revise the night before for most exams and little to no revision for the rest:smile: got a good spread of A*s,As and Bs for my GCSEs.

Mind my french, but how the *******s do people pull of shi* like this?
Reply 56
Original post by amanii_ox
It worked on many occasions for me!
I still think I like this method, but don't get complacent with this method, bc what u'll also experience is laziness... and this means procrastinating.

I have like 2 days till geography and I I haven't learnt anything....
what I do right now is basically what's going to narrow or widen my chances of getting into my desired college.
Yes I've left it too late.

But it's what I do now that matters right?
I hope so....
it's better late than never :-( GOOD LUCK FAM!

Ha ha SAME my geog exam for hazarda and industry is in 2 days.... i think ir doing he same one as me? (Maybe different units tho)

Honestly just make mindmaps on the case studies ull need or whatever and learn the ish about them and ur pretty much good to go. I did this for my ibdurty mock i did 3 weeks ago and got A* ..altho that migt be because im a visual learner so i learn as i write things and i remembered the lessons in class

GOOD LUCK TO U TOO FAM CANT WAIT TIL THIS IS OVER AND WE CAN ALL JUST CHILL

I have no life rn because of these exams.... the only life i have atm is getting the bus to school...for the exams o.O

Does that count? I think im going mad ive lost count of the date and didn't realise it was my best friend's birthday on Friday .....

Lets jst say they weren't impressed
Reply 57
Original post by Genialtropism
Mind my french, but how the *******s do people pull of shi* like this?

Its either they paid good attention in class or have good memory

Or they have photographic memory, in which case everyone is out competed by them

Survival of the fittest people
Reply 58
Original post by dididid
I thought you would've wrote yes in the spoiler. It is only GCSEs they are not that difficult. I barely did any revision and got good grades and so did most of my friends

Haha lol i thought the same but insead of replying i went back to revison so i can disprove their opinion...

Altho they've alrdy bewn disproved by most ppl who've commented on here

But it's the fact that gcses aren't hugelt difficult that it'd be embarrassing not to get top marks.. there's too much competition out there
Original post by hals

you can sooooooo do this with GCSEs, make sure you do it well though- i did it with geography and it paid off well!

Quick Reply

Latest