using license with old address on for ID?

Watch
aliceronson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey
Next weekend I'm going clubbing for the first time. i have my provisional driving license with my current address on and i have my old one with my old address. can i take my old one with me for clubbing? like if they scan it will they say it's invalid? i want to take my old one incase i lose it. thanks
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're scanned to take a record of attendence [incasesomething happens] but mainly to see if its fake having the address doesnt make any difference, my license doesnt even show an address
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aliceronson)
Hey
Next weekend I'm going clubbing for the first time. i have my provisional driving license with my current address on and i have my old one with my old address. can i take my old one with me for clubbing? like if they scan it will they say it's invalid? i want to take my old one incase i lose it. thanks
The address makes no difference whatsoever. Its your identify and age they need to confirm, not address.
sek510i
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please be aware that possession of two different copies of a UK driving license is illegal. It's not a very well known law, but technically you are legally required not to keep multiple copies once you've update your details.

I don't know how they enforce this, but it might be worth asking the DVLA if they want you to return your old one, just in case

Also, if you get stopped by the police while you're driving and accidentally gave them the old one, they can get very upset with you and cause lots of problems, so it's not much use as a spare.
EllaM98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When you applied for a new licence due to a change of details, the DVLA provided you with an address to send your old licence to. You will probably have it on an email somewhere.
When I received my new provisional licence I cut my old one in half and sent it to the address provided. You can't have more than one licence.

Hope this helped :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not a problem, I lost my license for ages so applied for a new one with my updated address on. I then found my old one and kept it for ID purposes as I am quite prone to losing things. The only thing I would say is sometimes bouncers ask for your address/postcode to verify its your ID so make sure you give them the address on the ID you're using
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The address on my license is 6 years out of date.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (61)
15.33%
I'm not sure (14)
3.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (135)
33.92%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.51%
I'm not a current university student (182)
45.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed