Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University Grading Top University v A Not so Top one... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I currently go to University of West London Ranking 106 working in Recruitment I know how important it can be to get a top job by going to a Top University so I am thinking of going to a Top 10 University in London/South East i.e LSE, Imperial College of London, or Surrey.

I do a part-time BA (Hons) in Business Management which I am predicted to Graduate with a 73% (First) being a part-time course they are more lenient I believe with marking as we work 50 hours a week as well as doing the same course as full-time students.

My Question is going from a low ranking university to a Top 10 University is the grading much harsher? I am thinking of doing my MsC or MBA and I don't want to come out with a 2:2 after spending £24k+.

I do work my arse off I often work 8am-6pm then go uni 6pm-11pm everyday including Saturdays and have previously ran my own small companies for I am quite good at business.

Anyone gone from a not so "good" university to a Top 10? Or can advise me at all?

Thanks,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.