The Student Room Group

Is it still possible to get a A?

Hi, this is my first time posting on here but basically, I'm doing the edexcel b geography gcse and I've done 25% coursework which we're not told the results of until results day(I feel like it was an A-grade piece of work) but what worries me is before the holidays we had our first exam for the GCSE and I feel like I got a D/C grade in that test, usually I'm pretty right about what grades I get on tests so I'm very worried about it as it's worth 25% of the entire gcse. Anyway, my question is with a D/C grade in that test could I still get an A overall? I have 2 more tests for geography, each of them are worth 25% aswell. I really need an A since I want to take geography for A level and to do it at the sixth form I'm going to I need and A in it and they won't accept Bs. So anyway is it possible to get an A overall and if so what do you think I'd need to get in the next 2 tests to get an A?
If you got an A in your coursework and say a D (worst case scenario) in your first exam you should be able to get an A overall if you manage to get an A in your next two exams maybe even an A* in one of them just to be safe. if you have 25% at an D and 75% at an A it should just about be enough to get an A as long as they are 'decent' A's (eg not one or two marks into the A boundary). I would say there is still a chance that you can get an A just try and get as close to full marks as you can on the next exams.
All that being said, don't worry too much about it. your coursework and first exam have already happened and all you can do is try your best in the next exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest