The Student Room Group

Is it possible to self-teach myself AS-Level Economics?

Hi guys !

So i'm planning to take Economics for my AS-Levels, i wanted to know if i can self-teach myself economics? Or is it hard and would i need a tutor?
(Didn't find it hard at GCSE's) :smile:
Original post by Hanna423
Hi guys !

So i'm planning to take Economics for my AS-Levels, i wanted to know if i can self-teach myself economics? Or is it hard and would i need a tutor?

What exam board would you go with??
I suppose you could. There's a really good youtube channel called Econplusdal and he explains things in the clearest way possible. Also there's another called gconomics, but I don't know if he's made any videos for the new course, and he mainly does ocr

Also, there's pajholden who does AQA (again I don't know if he's made anything for the new course)

Hope this helps, and of course if you don't like their teaching style and don't understand things using the textbooks, you should probably get a tutor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys !

YouTube is a great resource. In addition to the other ones mentioned, I'd recommend Dani's Revision Channel. She also has great notes! I found it quite hard at first, but I didn't do the GCSE, so yeah, I'd say that it was perfectly possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi there, PM if me you'd like help. I just did my first year of self taught economics and came out with an A… no tuition or expensive resources, just a few books and some great free online resources
I think it is possible but very difficult. You really need to have some help in structuring your long answer questions especially for the A level course. Doing well in the first year helps but the 3 papers during the second year contain more content and slight change in the amount of marks allocated. I would suggest getting at least a personal tutor with experience teaching the course/specification.
Reply 5
+1 to the recommendations above of econplusdal's youtube channel and pajholden. They are life-savers and I think make studying it yourself possible.

One other super helpful resource is https://uplearn.co.uk which has stuff covering all the exam technique, structuring long answers etc. but they only have materials for Edexcel Economics at the moment
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi guys !

Original post by guyr
+1 to the recommendations above of econplusdal's youtube channel and pajholden. They are life-savers and I think make studying it yourself possible.

One other super helpful resource is https://uplearn.co.uk which has stuff covering all the exam technique, structuring long answers etc. but they only have materials for Edexcel Economics at the moment

OMG yes! pajholden and econplusdal are literally life savers!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending