The Student Room Group

Gcse ARE OVERATED

Whys everyone stressing about gcse, jhezz its not the end of the world

Scroll to see replies

shut up
Haha this is true ngl :biggrin:
Reply 3
ikr even my parents aren't that bothered and forcing me to go to dead days out when i should be revising aha as long as you do alright in maths and english its only a levels that really matter
Reply 4
*Overrated.

Somebody failed English.
Reply 5
Wasn't it you who made a post about starting GCSE revision in September?
Reply 6
GCSEs are crucial. believe me, you don't want to muck them on :smile: good day to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Everyone says this failing to realize that cos we don't have as levels anymore unis are gonna closely look at your gcse's and predicted grades, and if you have the same predicted grades as others, gcse's will be the leading factor in who is more intelligent and best for the course.
Of course this only matters for those who plan on going to uni and particularly the better ones, but education isn't for everyone
Reply 8
Original post by abbigm1
Everyone says this failing to realize that cos we don't have as levels anymore unis are gonna closely look at your gcse's and predicted grades, and if you have the same predicted grades as others, gcse's will be the leading factor in who is more intelligent and best for the course.
Of course this only matters for those who plan on going to uni and particularly the better ones, but education isn't for everyone

we will still do as levels so that unis have something to look at. however, the as grades won't contribute towards the a2 grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ATW1
*Overrated.

Somebody failed English.

if they fail english, it there fault to blame if they didn't care/try hard enough( unless you have a disability of something)

and even if you fail english its not the end of the world lol, look at richard branson he probably failed english now look at him
Original post by Belmtaie
Wasn't it you who made a post about starting GCSE revision in September?

yeah i did but i don't stress all over it, im just relaxed, besides there not even that hard
Original post by theBranicAc
yeah i did but i don't stress all over it, im just relaxed, besides there not even that hard

That's good! :biggrin:

Good luck.
Lol at you saying this on a student forum. :rofl:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Lol funny how people saying gcse's are not that deep are those who cannot distinguish 'there, their, and they're'
Reply 14
if they fail english, it there fault to blame if they didn't care/try hard enough( unless you have a disability of something)

and even if you fail english its not the end of the world lol, look at richard branson he probably failed english now look at him

Richard branson is 1 of 6 billion odd people, success of that type is merely a combination of luck, taking risks and who you know
Original post by abbigm1
Lol funny how people saying gcse's are not that deep are those who cannot distinguish 'there, their, and they're'

Gcses are not that deep unless you want to go oxford! Its a levels that matters tbh
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by abbigm1
Richard branson is 1 of 6 billion odd people, success of that type is merely a combination of luck, taking risks and who you know

if its not impossible it can still happen right?
Reply 17
if its not impossible it can still happen right?

Okay if their not deep then get all C's then try to get into a decent uni in a course that has candidates with A/A*'s
And besides, if someone gets mediocore grades at gcse, A levels are gonna be 100x harder so the grade is likely to get even worse, so then what are unis gonna look at? C's in gcse and predicted c's in a2?
If you want to base your future on luck that is up to you
Reply 18
Richard Branson has severe dyslexia, which is why he didn't gain any qualifications as he left school early, probably due to lack of confidence and support rather than ability..
You have to put all qualifications on your uni application, even failed ones, so it's a good idea to get a good spread of grades, not just in english and maths!
GCSEs are important to help get you onto A Level courses.... then A levels are important to get you into uni.... Then only your degree matters really, so although they're not the be all and end all, they're not worthless, especially if you're not planning to gain any higher qualifications after them as that's the only thing you have to put on your CV at 16 :biggrin:
Reply 19
Oh and GCSEs don't help with A levels at all, you basically get told when you get to A level that most stuff you've learnt so far is barely even right because it is so simplified, especially with sciences :frown: so good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest