Illuninating analogy of European Union & former Soviet Union!

Watch
Marco1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This man's four and a half minute speech is well worth a listen! My apologies for typo in the thread title - meant to be 'illuminating'.
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How can the EU be the new Soviet Union when it is so fetishistically obsessed with market competition and privatisation?

I suppose comparing it to the Third Reich is so last week.
Marco1
Rep:
?
(Original post by scrotgrot)
How can the EU be the new Soviet Union when it is so fetishistically obsessed with market competition and privatisation?

I suppose comparing it to the Third Reich is so last week.
Listen to what he says and you'll find out. Also if you did your homework you'd know that the EU Brussells machine funds EU sympathetic corporations (with taxpayers money) to keep them onboard with the whole scandalously corrupt, left-wing agenda.
scrotgrot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Marco1)
Listen to what he says and you'll find out. Also if you did your homework you'd know that the EU Brussells machine funds EU sympathetic corporations (with taxpayers money) to keep them onboard with the whole scandalously corrupt, left-wing agenda.
Yeah, a bit like how the kickbacks and board positions and brown envelopes and think tanks and flipped mortgages and Christ only knows what else work in the corrupt UK. How irredeemably left-wing we must be!

If you care about bureaucracy, which I presume is what you mean by "the EU Brussells [sic] machine", the EU has 35,000 bureaucrats for 500m population. The UK has ten times that amount for about one-tenth the population.

I did try to listen but I can't actually understand him, too thick an accent. In general I would very well have thought there are plenty of similarities between Soviet bureaucracy and EU bureaucracy. That's because bureaucracy is more or less the same the world over and down the ages. We need it in order to live in political units greater than 150 people (Dunbar's number): really it's astonishing that with as few as tens or hundreds of thousands of bureaucrats we can multiply Dunbar's number by the order of one million and live with relative peace, justice and security. The bottom line is that the bureaucracy of the British state is much the same as Soviet, EU, US, Chinese, whatever other bureaucracy. There is no particular reason to choose the UK over the EU on that score.
Marco1
Rep:
?
(Original post by scrotgrot)
Yeah, a bit like how the kickbacks and board positions and brown envelopes and think tanks and flipped mortgages and Christ only knows what else work in the corrupt UK. How irredeemably left-wing we must be!

If you care about bureaucracy, which I presume is what you mean by "the EU Brussells [sic] machine", the EU has 35,000 bureaucrats for 500m population. The UK has ten times that amount for about one-tenth the population.

I did try to listen but I can't actually understand him, too thick an accent. In general I would very well have thought there are plenty of similarities between Soviet bureaucracy and EU bureaucracy. That's because bureaucracy is more or less the same the world over and down the ages. We need it in order to live in political units greater than 150 people (Dunbar's number): really it's astonishing that with as few as tens or hundreds of thousands of bureaucrats we can multiply Dunbar's number by the order of one million and live with relative peace, justice and security. The bottom line is that the bureaucracy of the British state is much the same as Soviet, EU, US, Chinese, whatever other bureaucracy. There is no particular reason to choose the UK over the EU on that score.
Ridiculous synopsis. You confuse the two words, bureaucracy and democracy. Quite different things. Democracy has been compromised as you well know, by the corrupt EU with its unelected, unsackable dictators with their repellent ambitions of a federal European superpower who are implementing the systematic destruction of the cultural identities of European nation states - the very thing that make Europe so beautiful, sophisticated and interesting. If you had the insight to cut through the misleading distractions and media mist you would see the EU for what it is, warts and all. Merkel, Junker et al don't care one iota for the well being of you or I, or the millions of people living across Europe. They are power corrupted and money corrupted to the very core. One might even wish to compare their personas to that of anti-Christs working for the devil himself. Ha ha! I think your reasoning is flawed because you are politicised, as so many are these days. You will cling to one political view despite evidence that indicts it as stupid. If you cannot feel truth in this man's intelligent analogy and respect this man's calm, humble words born of experience, then I suspect you only see what you wish to see.
anarchism101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Marco1)
Yes, because obviously giving more money to large corporations is very characteristic of a far-left agenda, right?
Marco1
Rep:
?
(Original post by anarchism101)
Yes, because obviously giving more money to large corporations is very characteristic of a far-left agenda, right?
It is when they are one's supporters helping to fund their cause. Such is the modern dynamic of these communist autocrats. Anything goes for those control freaks if it brings in more money for their dirty empire.
M14B
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Terrible analogy in my opinion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
16.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (89)
28.53%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.5%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (42)
13.46%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.53%

Watched Threads