The Student Room Group

Completely burned out!

I started revising really early this year,I covered all the content and I have done so many past papers multiple times until it was all in my head.The past few weeks Ive felt really burned out and sick .I cant sleep.I'm struggling with an eating disorder which doesn't help I have only managed 3-4 hours of revision a day this half term and people I see in the library say they do about 8 :/
How do you guys stay motivated and prevent burn out?
Listen - you've done loads of prep, and even though it was a while back, you still did it. That kind of stuff doesn't just leave your brain, it just needs refreshing - light revision and you'll realise it's all there still. I'm feeling 100% burnt out from the exams I've done before half term, and they weren't even the hard ones. Not staying burnt out.. well, I've been doing about three hours revis max a day for a whole week now, and I feel as great as you can be during exam time. I'm making time to do nothing and watch netflix, seeing my friends etc. Sounds awful, but nothing enters my brain when I'm burnt out, sleep deprived and just overall stressed.

As for staying motivated - targeted revision lists? This is me, but when I complete a list of things to do I feel really satisfied, and so by making lists of specific things from the spec which I'm not comfortable with reminds me of all the work I have done and all the things I'm more comfortable with now when I cross the things off. One of my friends has their bedroom wall covered in pictures of Oxford Uni as their motivation. I think it's up to you. Maybe rewards? I've had a session with a performance psychologist and they said half an hour of proper revision then a 20 minute break, then half an hour, then 20 minute break etc for five or more sessions a day is effective. I reward myself with something I like in the twenty minutes - food, going on social media etc. etc.

Don't put yourself down for the lack of effort you feel you've put in. You'll be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Listen - you've done loads of prep, and even though it was a while back, you still did it. That kind of stuff doesn't just leave your brain, it just needs refreshing - light revision and you'll realise it's all there still. I'm feeling 100% burnt out from the exams I've done before half term, and they weren't even the hard ones. Not staying burnt out.. well, I've been doing about three hours revis max a day for a whole week now, and I feel as great as you can be during exam time. I'm making time to do nothing and watch netflix, seeing my friends etc. Sounds awful, but nothing enters my brain when I'm burnt out, sleep deprived and just overall stressed.

As for staying motivated - targeted revision lists? This is me, but when I complete a list of things to do I feel really satisfied, and so by making lists of specific things from the spec which I'm not comfortable with reminds me of all the work I have done and all the things I'm more comfortable with now when I cross the things off. One of my friends has their bedroom wall covered in pictures of Oxford Uni as their motivation. I think it's up to you. Maybe rewards? I've had a session with a performance psychologist and they said half an hour of proper revision then a 20 minute break, then half an hour, then 20 minute break etc for five or more sessions a day is effective. I reward myself with something I like in the twenty minutes - food, going on social media etc. etc.

Don't put yourself down for the lack of effort you feel you've put in. You'll be fine.

Thank you so much for this reply!I hope the exams go well for you.

Quick Reply

Latest