Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As a student who has always had high expectations from my teachers I seemed to thrive from it, enabling myself to reflect their high expectations onto myself which until recently I've been able to handle well. I say until recently because within, as most of you will know, this week off, I saw it as an opportunity to revise thoroughly for the remainder of my exams. Now that's what I expected to do, but now almost a week in I haven't studied for even an hour since. As I see it I've wasted almost 100 hundred hours that I could've spent revising for subjects I honestly don't remember anything about since my mocks and it seems like all hope is lost, I feel as if I'm going to fail the remaining tests. The reason I'm worried is because (yes, I know don't compare yourself to others) but how can you not when everyone around you is revising constantly everyday making use of their time and you can't even seem to concentrate for even 20 minutes to study. I thought I could achieve As and A*s but I've blown it and will forever regret it for many years to come. Even the fear of that is not enough to frighten me to study. I don't get how I can go from a student revising 5 hours a day for at least a week up to my mocks, but when the actual tests come along I can't seem to do an hour a week before my actual GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LackofMotivation)
    As a student who has always had high expectations from my teachers I seemed to thrive from it, enabling myself to reflect their high expectations onto myself which until recently I've been able to handle well. I say until recently because within, as most of you will know, this week off, I saw it as an opportunity to revise thoroughly for the remainder of my exams. Now that's what I expected to do, but now almost a week in I haven't studied for even an hour since. As I see it I've wasted almost 100 hundred hours that I could've spent revising for subjects I honestly don't remember anything about since my mocks and it seems like all hope is lost, I feel as if I'm going to fail the remaining tests. The reason I'm worried is because (yes, I know don't compare yourself to others) but how can you not when everyone around you is revising constantly everyday making use of their time and you can't even seem to concentrate for even 20 minutes to study. I thought I could achieve As and A*s but I've blown it and will forever regret it for many years to come. Even the fear of that is not enough to frighten me to study. I don't get how I can go from a student revising 5 hours a day for at least a week up to my mocks, but when the actual tests come along I can't seem to do an hour a week before my actual GCSEs.
    Don't worry I feel exactly the same as you
    Just keep pushing through these last few weeks- it will all be over soon!
    Everybody expects me to get A/A*s as well- just remember to try as hard as you can.
    I wish you the best of luck in your remaining exams!
    DON'T GIVE UP!

What exams do you have left?

ReputationRep:
    I feel you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Don't worry I feel exactly the same as you
    Just keep pushing through these last few weeks- it will all be over soon!
    Everybody expects me to get A/A*s as well- just remember to try as hard as you can.
    I wish you the best of luck in your remaining exams!
    DON'T GIVE UP!

What exams do you have left?
    Thanks for the encouraging words, best of luck to you too.
    I have double and triple science, English Lang, Geography, Business and Maths left to go.

ReputationRep:
    hello, you can do it!!!!
    do past papers, read over notes, recite the notes, test yourself, flashcards, mind maps, highlighters! you can do it!
    no, you will not fail! remind yourself that you have the capability to do well in your remaining GCSEs! use the time left in the half term to do as much valuable revision as possible. i promise that you know much more than you think you do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the encouraging words, best of luck to you too.
    I have double and triple science, English Lang, Geography, Business and Maths left to go.
    Well best of luck! I still have 13 exams left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    hello, you can do it!!!!
    do past papers, read over notes, recite the notes, test yourself, flashcards, mind maps, highlighters! you can do it!
    no, you will not fail! remind yourself that you have the capability to do well in your remaining GCSEs! use the time left in the half term to do as much valuable revision as possible. i promise that you know much more than you think you do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, the kind words mean more than you could realise, I never knew the encouraging words of a stranger could be so reassuring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by globalwarming)
    DOES IT REALLY ****ING MATTER? GLOBAL WARMING IS GONNA KILL YOU ANYWAY SO STFU AND SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

o_O
    I can see you care about global warming- you just need to be a bit less aggressive so more people listen to you. Also don't mention it in random places, people are unlikely to listen.

ReputationRep:
    You will do just fine!
    I am also predicted As ans A*s but motivating myself to revise has always been a struggle.
    I actually think I worked harder in my mocks as well to be honest!
    Don't think about the time you've wasted, think about the future and work hard now because there's still time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiefuller)
    You will do just fine!
    I am also predicted As ans A*s but motivating myself to revise has always been a struggle.
    I actually think I worked harder in my mocks as well to be honest!
    Don't think about the time you've wasted, think about the future and work hard now because there's still time!
    Great to know other people feel the same way as me, it's oddly reassuring and you're right there's no point in meandering on the past.

ReputationRep:
    well, instead of taking out time to write that post, put away your PlayStation, turn on capital and get revising. I think that u have revised so much in the same method that its become tiresome and tedious, so instead, use new different methods to revise - mindmaps work great for me. all the best

ReputationRep:
    You're clearly not an A*/A student then are you? Get off TSR and go and do some work. If you are as clever as you make out to be, even revising a few days before exams is extremely helpful and you can easily get top grades at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same, but remember you are getting your grades for yourself and no one else. What people expect of you shouldn't matter, that is what I learnt. If you have people in your class that are competitive and always interested in how you're doing, ignore them, their not gonna be around a few years from now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Well best of luck! I still have 13 exams left
    I still have 14 to go, so annoying that my prom is meant to symbolise the end of exams, but mine don't finish till the following tuesday
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    if you ask anyone on TSR how many hours they've revised they'll probably say the same thing as you :P dont worry! if you work better by cramming then do it! i've always find that day-revision is so tedious, boring and long, so i usually do it about 1 or 2 hours before bed so i feel like the time will go by quicker because you're racing towards that bedtime of yours (no ? just me then )

but cramming does work, it works even better if you know your material briefly from before. and im sure anyone who attend class would have things stuck to the back of their head so cramming will only bring those memories back even clearer.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hey I'm in a similar position in the fact that I'm an A/A* student and rarely find the motivation to revise, and when I do I never do much. It's definitely hard to not compare yourself to others (as I know people who can manage to do 9 hours a day) but honestly just do enough for what you need. If you feel you know something already, recall it out loud and then move on the the next thing. As time is limited don't spend loads of it on what you already know off by heart (and there will be some things even if it doesn't seem like it, trust me). Chances are, because you revised so hard for your mocks, a lot of the stuff you need to know you can still remember (even if it is with a bit of prompting) but that's simply what revision is!

Also, the half term isn't quite over, so you do actually still have 3 days to get stuff done if you feel like it. But don't feel bad if you don't, if you are an A/A* student then chances are you've got the knowledge already to do well - you definitely won't fail!!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I thought I was the only one! My mocks were after a half term and in that one week of holiday it was as if I spent every moment revising for mocks.
    Now, this entire week for my real GCSE's I've done fu ck all. Idk how I came to this lool. For all the exams I've done, I did last minute crammimg.
    But ah oh well. I just can't be bothered, I'm so lazy. I'm predicted A*'s in everything, but I feel as though I'm going to disappoint myself and my teachers on results day
    hope cramming works for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.